chapter 24

Two months later

Life had pretty much gotten back to normal after Christmas. I spent most of my time dancing, enjoying the feeling once again. Max and I were back in school, which was slightly difficult being away from him for so long. I dropped out of online school and decided to just attend Juiliard so I could focus on my dancing with no distractions. I excelled in school which surprised me considering I spent more time with Max when I should have been studying. What can I say though? He's too addicting to stay away from. We were stronger than ever, our relationship filled with love. He was always supportive of whatever I did, even if he didn't agree with it 100 percent.

I was currently laying outside in the grass, staring up at the cloudless sky. It was silent, the only sounds coming from the city that was filled with life 24/7. I closed my eyes, letting the sun warm my face and shoulders. I let my mind wander, not focusing on anything specific. Somehow, my mind always went to Max, thinking about all the love he gives me. It's a wonderful kind of love, one where it's unconditional. I think about his flawless face, his chocolate brown eyes that only look at me with love. He always makes sure that I know how much he loves me, even in the most simplest of ways. He always makes me feel safe, like there's nothing that could harm me as long as I'm with him. I used to always pray to god that there would be a guy out there who loves me with everything in him, where there won't be any judgment. I have that with Max, and I'm so grateful. Everyday I fall more in love with Max, which doesn't even seem possible. He's given me so much love that I would have to keep repaying him after I'm dead to pay him back for it all.

I let my mind just go where it wanted to, not even caring how long I was outside. It was about 80 degrees outside, my body relaxed under the sun. I was in a pair of Hollister denim ripped shorts and a loose army green tank top with a pocket on the boob.(http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=72521860) I kept my make up simple by just putting on tinted moisturizer, eyeshadow with some eye liner and mascara and some peach blush. My hair was wavy, my aviators were places over my eyes, keeping the sun from hurting my eyes. It was so peaceful, just laying here and letting all of my worries leave my mind and go somewhere that I can ever get to again. It would make the moment more perfect if Max were here, but I didn't bother asking him to come out. When I came out here he was talking to DKarp while writing some lyrics to a new song, so I just let him be.

The pool was making some quiet waves, the wind just enough to awaken the water. I was quietly humming to myself, nothing specific. I just hummed what came to mind, not minding if it sounded bad. It's not like anyone is going to judge me on my humming skills. I let my hands softly play with the lush green grass that lay beneath me, the blades soft. I smiled to myself, enjoying the warmth the sun radiated onto me. I let my body relax, but I knew it wouldn't be completely relaxed until Max was by my side. I felt someone watching me but I just ignored it, figuring Max was inside and was looking at me through the kitchen window. I opened my eyes and turned my head to find Max stading in the doorway. 

"Hey monkey. Come on out." I said, loud enough for him to hear my voice but not obnoxiously loud. He walked out and joined me, sitting next to me instead of laying down. I smiled at him, his smile growing. I giggled, loving his company. Max lightly lifted my head, not violently enough to hurt it, and set it in his lap. He ran his fingers through my smooth, wavy hair, getting all of the tangles out. Max visibly relaxed as he was sitting under me, my touch as calming to him as much as his is to me.

I let myself relax completely, but I was still tense. I was slightly confused as to why, but I figured it was from dancing. I felt some pain in my lower back that went all the way up into my shoulders, and I winced when I moved. I had a feeling that I would be sore considering I danced and worked out for seven hours the day before. Max had tried to get me to stop, but I was stubborn and didn't listen. I saw him frown, obviously confused as to why I winced in pain. I shrugged my shoulders to his unspoken question, not bothering to speak. He slowly lifted my head and let it rest on the grass once again before lifting my shoulder and pressing hard on my shoulder brain. I screamed, the pain ridiculously intense. He gave me an apologetic look before setting my shoulder back down. He slowly flipped me over so I was laying on my stomach, and I was confused.