chapter 3

We finished the movie, looking for another one while I refilled our glasses. He decided on Lilo and Stitch. I love this movie so I didn't argue. We watched the first 5 minutes before Max started talking.

"So, want to take this time to get to know eachother?" He asked. I figured this could be fun and helpful.

"Sure. Want to just take turns asking eachother questions?"

"Sure. I'll start. Favorite color?" He asked.

"Purple all the way. Favorite rapper?"

"Lil Wayne. Hobbies?"

"Dancing, running, drawing, music, which is writing and singing, and cooking. Your favorite hobbies?" I asked.

"You sing? How come your so quiet in the car! And you write? We should write something together and post it on Youtube! Okay, I like singing, dancing, acting, excercising. Favorite food?"

"Pickles. Favorite candy?"

"Chocolate. Yours?" He asked.

"Anything sour." The questions went on for about  an hour, and in the process he started to rub my feet. It felt awesome because they were sore from running, and plus I danced a little today. I never asked anyone to rub my feet, but if I do, it will definetly be Max. I started getting hungry around 7, and I tried not to say anything, but my stomach was a traitor and decided to grumble.

"Someone's hungry. Don't worry I am too. I just don't want to move." He said, still rubbing my feet.

"We can order pizza if you want. My treat." I said.

"Sure. What kind? Pepperoni work for you?" I nodded and he pulled his phone out, ordering it and telling me it would be here in about 20 minutes. I nodded and when the doorbell rang about 20 minutes later, we both got up reluctantly, and I ran to my wallet pulling out a 20 and running down the stairs. Max was hot on my heels and we were pushing eachother so neither of us could get to the door. I ended up getting there first, so I opened the door and greeted the guy, who looked about 19. He was good looking I will admit, but he was checking me out and I was actually kind of enjoying it.

"So, it's going to be 15 dollars and your number for the total." He said, trying to seem cool about it. I pulled out the 20 but Max stepped infront of me and paid using his own money.

"Keep the change, but she's mine, so back off. Have a nice night!" Max said and slammed the door. My eyes were wide and I was just staring at Max, shocked he said I was his.

"I'm sorry I said you were mine. I just didn't like the way he was checking you out. I didn't mean to make you upset. It's not like I would date you anyway." He said. I was shocked at what he said, and my mouth dropped open. He realized what he said, and immediatly tried to take it back. I just put my hand up to stop him from talking, and made my way to the stairs. I never got mad at anyone, but he could have put it lightly that I wasnt pretty enough or good enough for a star like him. I took the stairs 2 at a time and went into my room. I shut my door quietly, and I heard Max following close behind me. I walked over to my nightstand and grabbed my phone and headphones. I plugged them in and turned on Bruno Mars. I felt awful about myself, and figured that if I wasn't pretty enough, but he decided to put it harshly.

I was halfway through the song Liquor Store Blues when I heard a knock on the door. I reluctantly got off my bed from laying down, and made my way to the door. I opened it and turned around, trying to hide the tears that stained my face. I walked back over to my bed, and sat down quietly. I put my back up against my headboard, and unplugged my headphones, setting them off to the side of my nightstand along with my phone. I closed my eyes, trying to stop the tears from falling. I felt the bed shift and looked over to find Max sitting next to me.