chapter 15

I woke up and ran to the bathroom, my stomach not feeling great. I was afraid that I would wake Max, but at this point I didn't care. I threw up, and when I finished I sat on the cold tiled floor, feeling incredibly cold. I was shivering violently, leaning my head against the counter. I heard Max enter the bathroom, and I looked up to meet his concerned eyes. He kneeled down and touched my head, then moved his palm down to my cheek. He rubbed it lightly, making me relax. He pulled his hand away and I shivered, feeling even colder.

"Ali, you're burning. Come on." He said, sticking his hand out and standing up. I grabbed it and stood up, not having any energy to move. I stuck my arms out in front of me and he chuckled, picking me up bridal style. He walked me over to his bed and set me down, then walked into the bathroom. He came back out a minute later with a bottle of liquid medicine. I looked at the color and I could already tell that it would taste awful. I shivered again, then brought the blanket that was next to the bed around my shoulders. It brought warmth to my body, and I knew that I must be running an even higher fever than I was earlier. He walked over and unscrewed the lid before handing it to me. I smelled it and made a face, trying to get the horrid smell out of my nose. It smelled awful, and Max must have noticed because he chuckled.

"I know it smells awful and believe me, it tastes awful too. I'm gonna go downstairs really quick, but I'll be right back." He said, then exited the room. I sat back and leaned against the head bored, closing my eyes. I heard Max in the kitchen, then smiled thinking about him wanting to spend the day in bed instead of doing any thing else. I heard him enter the room and I opened my left eye, seeing him make his way over to the bed. I was sitting on the left side of the bed which is always the side I sleep on, and opened both eyes. He walked over to my side and sat down next to me, handing me a glass with something in it. I raised my eyebrows at him and apparently he got the point and answered my unspoken question.

"It's juice. It helps get rid of the taste. Do you want anything to eat?" He asked. Even the thought of food didn't go well with my stomach.

"Uh uh. Thanks love." I said, thanking him for the juice. I took the medicine and shivered after, the taste awful as it went down my throat. I quickly took a drink until the taste was gone. I handed him the almost drained glass, and he set it on the nightstand. He looked at me and touched my cheek, and I let my head rest in his hand. I closed my eyes, letting myself relax. I was hoping the medicine would work, but I wasn't too sure. My stomach felt tired after throwing up everything I had eaten in the past 24 hours. I opened my eyes and found Max staring at me with a loving look in his eyes. I smiled at him and he returned it, leaning in and kissing my forhead. His lips lingered there for about 10 seconds before he pulled his head away and looked at me.

"Go on love, lay down. You're exhausted." He said, laying me down in bed. He pulled the covers up over my body and I was comforted by the warmth they brought. He walked over to his side and pulled the covers up just enough the he was able to slip in before placing them over his body. He took his shirt off and dropped it on the floor. I turned over so I was facing him and he pulled me as close as physically was possible. I put my hands on his chest and let his body warm my own. I looked up at him and he was already looking down at me with nothing but love in his beautiful brown eyes. He leaned down and gently pressed his lips against mine, numbing my body. I kissed back and it was a short but sweet. I smiled once he pulled away, but then I thought about something.

"Love, I'm going to get you sick if you keep me so close and kiss me. I don't want you sick when you have a job. Plus, I don't think people will be too happy with me if they found out I got you sick." I said, scooting away from him. I sat up and reached down to grab my boots so I could go sleep in my own room, but there wouldn't be any sleeping with having no physical contact with Max. He reached for my arm and I turned to look at him, coughing in the process.