chapter 12

I was awake, but hadn't opened my eyes yet.  I could tell that it was morning, being able to tell that light was streaming in through the open curtains. Wait, I closed the curtains last night. I quickly opened my eyes, sitting up. I was still covered by the blanket, so I took it off and set it beside me on the couch. I rubbed my eyes, trying to get the sleepiness out of them. I stood up and walked quietly to the stairs, looking up to the see if I could hear or see anything, but I heard nothing. I walked to the back of the couch, feeling like my mind was making things up. I heard a noise in the kitchen though, and my ears perked up at the sound. I slowly walked over to the doorway, but saw nothing. I went farther in to see if there was anyone in there, but all the sudden the noises stopped. I was looking behind me while I walked in, and turned my head around just in time before I walked in to someones chest.

I screamed, not knowing who it was. I freaked out, not sure what to do. I kept me eyes open, scared of what I would see. The person put their arms around me, then I noticed that I recognized the chest. It was firm, and I could feel the abs of the person as I set my hands over their heart and chest. I calmed down at the beating of their heart, and I closed my eyes. My breathing was heavy, obviously out of shock. The person rested their chin on my head and rubbed calming circles on my back, until I was calm enough to speak.

"Max." I breathed out. 

"Shh. It's okay Ali." He said soothingly. I was confused at where he had been, but I didn't bring it up, happy that he was home safe. I was scared when he hadn't texted me or called, fearing the worst. But I didn't want to think about that, so I would block it from my mind. I breathed in his scent, it calming. I felt safe and secure in his arms, as cheesy as that sounds. It's true though, because I know that when he has his arms around me I'm safe. A tear escaped my eye, but I'm sure it was just from happiness that he's home. I kept my eyes closed, because if this was a dream I didn't want to wake up. But he calmed me down and my tears stopped, and I opened my eyes. I looked up at him and took his face in my hands, and lightly pressed my lips against his. It was sweet and loving, but became passionatte. He ran his tounge on my bottom lip, and I granted him entry. 

I was still loving, but had a hidden longing behind it. We both kissed eachother hungrily, wanting the feeling of our lips together again. We pulled away, out of breath. We were both breathing hard, and he smiled once he saw me. I was looking up at him, but my mind wouldn't calm down with all the questions. I was really confused on why he left, why he didn't tell me he was leaving, where he went, and plenty more. He must have sensed that something was wrong, because his smile faded and he looked at me with a worried look. I was obviously happy to see him when I first realized it was him, but I'm not sure how I feel about it now. I backed away from him, needing a minute to have my mind catch up to speed. He grabbed my hand, studying my face.

"How about we go talk about this on the couch." He said. I nodded and dropped his hand, walking over to the couch. It didn't hurt as bad as I thought it would to walk, so I made it there quickly. I sat down and leaned against the arm of the couch, resting my back against it. He sat down at the other end of the couch and stretched my legs out, putting my feet on his lap. He started rubbing my right one, and I didn't realize how sore it was. He relieved the ache from them, which felt good. He stopped rubbing for a minute, and opened his mouth to speak.

"Wait, aren't you supposed to be using your crutches still?" He asked, confusion written across his face.

"Well, if you hadn't left for two days or at least told me where you were going, you would know wouldn't you?" I said before realizing how bitchy it sounded. I hated being mean to Max, but I couldn't contain it any longer.

"Sorry. I didn't mean that. I meant that I still should be using them. But I don't need them and they were in the way anyway. So I stopped." I said simply. He nodded, thinking about it before responding.