chapter 18

I woke up on the 4th night away from Max, sweating. I just had a nightmare that horrified me. I was reliving the rape and the abuse. Tears were coming down my face and I knew that they weren't going to stop unless someone was with me. But I couldn't go to that person, cause they had hurt me so much. I could ask Max, but who says he won't say no? I hurt him by breaking up with him, but he hurt me by kissing Payton. I decided not to get Max, thinking it wasn't the best option. I looked at my clock. 3:17. I closed my eyes, trying to get some sleep. My mind wouldn't rest, so I sat up, sighing. I knew that I needed to run to clear my head, so I got up and walked over to my closet. I pulled out some black Nike spandex, a blue Nike sports bra, black running shorts, a red long sleeve shirt, socks and my tennis shoes(http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=65231790) I walked into my bathroom and put my hair up into a messy bun, pinning baby hairs with bobby pins. 

I walked into my room, grabbing my headphone and plugging them into my phone. I shut off my light, going down the stairs quietly. I opened the door and shut it, running right away. I ran through different streets I hadn't run before, not many people out. The sky was still black, the stars shinning brightly. I changed the song on my phone to Kiss The Stars by Pixie Lott. I ran faster as I ran down different streets, getting farther and farther away from home. My thoughts started taking over, and I got completely distracted. Should I give Max another shot? I know he was kissing Payton, but what if it really was her fault? I got so distracted I didn't realize there was a drop in the sidewalk where it didn't connect with the next piece of cement and I fell. My knee started throbbing before it hit the ground, and I could tell it was going to be painful. 

I landed on my knee and pain exploded through my whole leg. I winced, the throbbing comming to a horrible level. I pulled out my headphones and set my phone on the sidewalk, grabbing my knee. I decided to try and get up to walk it off. I tried putting pressure on my leg and it made the pain even worse. I sat down, rubbing the sore spots to try and release the horrible feeling. It wouldn't go away after about 10 minutes, so I reached over and grabbed my phone. I unlocked it and saw that it was 3:52. I hadn't been running for very long, but it was long enough that I wouldn't be able to get back home. I didn't know who would be awake at this hour, and then a thought came to mind. It wasn't my first choice, but I figured it would work. I quickle dialled the number, trying not to cry.

The phone rang about two times before they picked up.

"Ali?" Max asked. His voice sounded tired, but not like he was sleeping.

"Max. I need you to-" I stopped, wincing from the pain. "I need you to come get me. I'm on 21st. Can you come get me?" I asked, pain going into more of my leg. I heard shuffling and then he responded.

"Yeah. I'll be right there." He said, then I hung up. I set my phone down and waited for about five minutes before Max showed up. I figured it would have taken longer, but I wasn't going to question him on it. He got out of the car, running over to me. He was in a pair of basketball shorts and a tshirt. He knelt down next to me and examined my whole body.

"What happened?" He asked, panick in his voice.

"I fell and now I can't get up. Extreme pain is in my leg. Can you please get me the hell up before I punch someone with a chair." I said. He chuckled and nodded, standing up. He reached down and picked me up, helping me stand. I tried walking but ended up almost falling. Max helped me get into the passengers seat, then made sure I was comfortable before getting in on the drivers side. We drove home in silence, both of us just staring outside. We pulled up to the house and he got out, coming to my side and carrying me bridal style up into my room. He set me on the bed before going downstairs, returning a couple minutes later with ibuprofen and a water bottle. I gladly took them from him, swallowing three and closing the lid. I set the water bottle on my nighstand and layed down, closing my eyes.