chapter 20

I woke up, feeling Max's arms wrapped around me. I opened my eyes and let them adjust to the light before looking at Max. I was met with his beautiful brown eyes staring at me. I smiled at him, bringing my hand up to touch his cheek. I pulled my hand away, yawning. I felt Max chuckle softly, the movement just enough to move the bed slightly. He kissed my temple, making me smile.

"How long were you watching me sleep?" I asked. Max blushed, and I knew it must have been for a while.

"About 45 minutes." He admitted. I laughed, and he must have been relieved because he sighed. 

"I'm that interesting to watch sleeping, huh?" I asked. He smiled at me, making butterflies errupt in my stomach.

"You look so peaceful, like nothing bothers you. You also look so innocent, and that's relaxing to me. I know you're safe when you're sleeping in my arms, and that just makes you so much more attractive." He said. This time it was my turn to blush, and that's exactly what I did. He poked my cheek, making me grin. 

"So what are we doing today?" I asked, not really knowing. 

"Well, I'm taking you somewhere, but it's a surprise. Dress kind of nice. Meet me downstairs in an hour?" He asked. I sighed, not wanting to get out of bed.

"I don't wanna get outta bed!" I whined. "But fine. Meet you downstairs in an hour and 20 minutes." I sighed, sitting up. 

"An hour and 20 minutes? I said an hour!" He complained. 

"Yes, but I'm a girl and it's gonna take me a while to pick and outfit that's nice but not too nice. I have a process I go through, dude! But you love me, so you'll put up with it, right?" I asked with a smile on my face. He laughed again, nodding.

"Yeah, I do love you do I'll keep you. And fine, and hour and 20 minutes. We have to leave in about two hours though, kay?" He asked. I nodded and got up, walking out of his door and across the hall to my room.

"Love you!" I called. 

"Love you too!" He called back. I smiled to myself and walked into my bathroom, turning on the shower. I striped down and waited until the water was hot before stepping in and shutting the door. I started singing Titanium, getting some strawberry shampoo and washing my hair. I rinsed it out and moved onto conditioner. I heard the door open, and I figured Max just left something in here. I continued singing, not caring if he heard me anymore. 

"I am titanium. Stone-hard, machine gun. Fire at the ones who run. Stone-hard as bullet proof glass!" I sang. I didn't know if Max left, so I finished the song and washed my face.

"That was beautiful, love!" He said, scaring me.

"Sweet baby Jorge you scared the shit outta me!" I yelled. I heard him laugh, but I didn't find it funny at all.

"Sweet baby Jorge? I've never heard that one before. Mind if I join you?" He asked. I could pretty much hear the smirk in his voice, so I decided to have some fun.

"Sure, you can sing with me. What song?" I asked with a smile even though he couldn't see it.

"No, love. I meant, you know what, never mind." He said with a laugh. I laughed, knowing exactly what he meant.

"Oh, you meant join me in the shower? Well I guess you could. But then-" I couldn't even finish my sentence before Max joined me in the shower. I wasn't planning on him taking me seriously, but I guess I should never under estimate him. I felt self concious all of a sudden, turning away from Max.

"Don't worry, love. You don't need to feel that way around me. I love you, and everything about you." He said, reading my mind. I closed my eyes, trying to believe Max, but it wasn't easy.I opened my eyes again, not really able to finish showering with them closed.