chapter 26

I stretched my tense muscles, feeling them relax as I sighed. I let my toes sink into the lush green grass as I walked to the trampoline that I just bought, climbing into the middle. The net surrounded me, not making me feel very safe since it was extremely thin. I started bouncing, my hair whipping around my face. The slight wind felt good on my warm skin since it was about 80 degrees outside. I giggled in happiness, feeling like a little kid again. I looked up at the sun, not minding that I didn't have my sunglasses on. I kept jumping higher and higher, my hair going in all directions. I jumped really high and landed on my butt which bounced me up again, making me giggle again. 

I decided to try my tumbling out on the trampoline, hoping that I was still as good as I used to be. I did a backhandspring and was delightfully surprised that my ability hadn't gone away. All of a sudden I just burst into a whole routine on tumbling, landing each one. I smiled in triumph when I finished, and immediatly I heard clapping from the other side of the yard. I turned around and saw my smiling boyfriend in the doorway, clapping like I just became president. I blushed, looking away from him as I sat down on the trampoline. Max made his was over to me joined, sitting next to me. I looked at him and smiled, seeing him return it.

"That was amazing Bear." He told me sweetly. I leaned over and kissed him, it only lasting a few seconds.

"Thanks." I said with another smile. He nodded and got up, starting to jump right next to me so my body bounced up and down. I went into a fit of giggles, the situation funny to me. I got up and joined him, the two of us holding hands and jumping together on the surface below us. 

We jumped for about five minutes before we started dancing. I laughed as we swayed together, the moment perfect to me. I rested my head on his chest, smiling up at him. He leaned down and kissed my lips softly, taking me into a land of absolute bliss. We stayed that way together for a while, the kiss innocent. The world faded around me quickly, noticing nothing except the two of us. We pulled away minutes later, both of us having to breath. I kept my eyes closed, just letting myself relax with my wonderful boyfriend. 

"You look beautiful." Max told me, making me open my eyes and my cheeks heat up. He stroked my cheeks, resting my head in his hand. I smiled up at him, his face adorable. 

"I'm hungry." I whined. "Take me for food!" I exclaimed. He laughed and nodded, letting me get off the trampoline first. He followed after me and right when he got off, I raised my arms for him to carry me. He looked at me and raised his eyebrows and I motioned for him to turn around. He did as I silently told and kneeled down so he was at a height that would let me get on his back. He stood up once he made sure I was secure in his hold, then walked towards the house. I rested my head on his shoulder and watched as we walked to the door, entering and shutting it. The air conditioning welcomed me into a cold environment.

"Where would you like to go gorgeous?" He asked. I thought about it and decided Steak 'n Shake. 

"Steak 'n Shake!" I exclaimed loudly. He laughed and nodded, happy with my choice. He carried me over to the stairs so I could slip on my gray converse. I tied them quickly and jumped back into his hold, guiding him out of the house. We decided to just walk, enjoying the nice weather. I giggled as Max weeved in and out of people, it being funny to me. Max laughed along with me, the two of us just enjoying each others company.

"So when do you want to take that trip to London?" He asked me, the thought coming to his mind. I thought about it and didn't really have a set date.

"How about tomorrow night?" I asked. He nodded with a smile, liking the idea. I wanted to get out of town for a while, take an adventure to somewhere I could only dream of.

"You are absolutely beautiful. Do you know that?" He asked as he set me down on the sidewalk. Our hands intertwined immediatly as I blushed, thanking him quietly. "I'm not kidding, gorgeous. Everytime you look at me, my stomach errupts into butterflies and makes me wonder why on earth the most beautiful girl is with me." He said cutely and quietly. I blushed an even deeper red, if that was even possible.