chapter 11

We pulled up to the house, and I was definetly happy to be home. I miss New York like crazy, and I was happy to be back into my normal routine. I untangled our fingers, reaching behind me for my crutches. Max frowned at me, obviously not happy that I cut our physical contact. I smiled at him, and his frowned disappeared, turning into a smile. I couldn't reach my crutches, and I kept trying to get a hold on them while Max got out of the car. I figured he was going to get the luggage and take it into the house, so i just let him do that while I kept ttrying to grab the crutches. But I was surprised when Max opened my door and picked me up bridal style, carrying me into the house carefully. I layed my head on his shoulder, and I felt him smile. I nuzzled myself closer, and got comfortable in his grip. He shut the door with his foot, then made his way up to the front door. I grabbed the keys from his hand after he had tried to unlock the door, and he smiled gratefully at me. I unlocked the door, opening it so it was easier on Max. I was happy that we weren't fighting anymore, glad that we were back to our selves. He carried me up the stairs and to my bedroom, but he shut the front door before making his was to my room.

He walked through his doorway, me leaving his door open before we left because I left my toothbrush in there. He set me down lightly onto the bed, and he walked around to the other side, taking off his shoes and crawling under the blankets. I followed, taking off my slippers and setting them next to his bed. I layed next to Max, making myself comfortable without hurting my leg. I layed my head on his chest, and he wrapped his arm around me. I closed my eyes, tired from the flight, but then I remembered the luggage.

"Babe, what about the luggage?" I asked, not opening my eyes.

"It can wait. I'm honestly tired as hell, so I would like to sleep." He said, and I could hear the tiredness in his voice. I knew he could use the rest, so I untangled myself from him. I sat on the edge of the bed, slipping slippers back onto my feet so I could leave. In thought about how I would get back into my room since I had my crutches in the car, and I guess that I could hop. Yeah, that works. I stood up, pulled down my shirt and was almost gonna leave, but Max pulled on my arm. I turned back to look at him, and he had one eye open, looking at me. I raised my eyebrow, wondering if he needed anything.

"You need anything baby?" I asked sweetly. It was his turn to raise his eyebrows, and he just stared at me before responding. 

"Why are you leaving?" He asked softly. He looked exhausted, and I didn't want to keep him up much longer.

"Because your exhausted, and you need sleep. So I'm gonna leave you alone and then you can get some solid sleep without me." I said. I really didn't want to leave, but I knew that if I didn't, he wouldn't sleep as well.

"I'm tired, but I won't sleep unless your with me, and next to me. So get your little butt back in bed so we both can sleep. We don't need to do anything today, so we can just sleep." He said, opening both of his eyes. I smiled, knowing how true that statement was. 

"Hey, my butt isn't that small." I argued. He laughed, and motioned me with his hand to lay back in bed. I smiled, but shook my head no, 

"Don't argue with me. You know I'll win." He said, but I knew that it was true. I sighed, reaching up and taking out the hair tie that was holding my hair back. I shook my hair, using my fingers to shape it back into its original shape. I took off my slippers again, placing them in the same spot as before. I layed down next to him, turning to face him. He brought his fingers up to my hair, getting all the tangles out. We layed in silence, and I could tell he was close to sleep.

"I don't like fighting with you gorgeous. There's no point, because we both will break after a short amount of time. I'm shocked we both didn't breka earlier to be honest." He said, and I could hear the love in his voice. "It broke my heart to see you so upset with me. I love you so much, so tell me if I'm hurting you okay? Because I never want to do that. Ever." He said strongly. He broke towards the end and his tone was softer, and I opened my eyes. I looked at him, his eyes closed. I smiled at his face,and leaned up to kiss him. He reacted immediatly, a little shocked though at the sudden shift of the bed. The kiss was sweet and loving, filled with the love we shared.