chapter 23

Christmas Day

I woke up to an empty bed. Where was Max? We spent the past couple nights in my room, and I was greatful. I missed my bed dearly, making my reunion with it even better. I yawned, stretching my arms above my head. I sat up, stretching my legs before making my way into my closet. I didn't want to shower yet, so I figured I would save that for later. I chose a comfortable outfit for the morning, going with black leggings, a white tank top, a black white and gray boyfriend sweater, fuzzy socks, and gray uggs.(http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=69649840) Once I got changed, I went into my bathroom and turned on the light, not happy with my appearance. I decided to leave my make up to a minimum, only putting on foundation and mascara.

Once done with my short make up routine, I grabbed my brush and ran it through my hair. I tried to get all the knots out of it since I slept without it in a pony tail. It was still straight from yesterday, so I didn't need to do much. I plugged in my straightner and let it heat up, while humming a tune. I made it up out of thin air, just playing around with what I could do with my voice. Once the light told me it was hot, I straightened the strands that were a little wavy, making it all lay straight again. I cleaned up the bathroom and left, going into Max's room and finding him asleep on his bed, not under the covers. I felt bad for his cold body, knowing it was freezing and he was only in a pair of sweatpants.

I walked over to his sleeping body and knelt down next to his ear, kissing his cheek.

"Merry Christmas baby." I said, and that was enough to wake him up. He smiled, turning his head to look at me. Once his eyes were open, he leaned over and kissed my lips. I was immediatly numbed, all my senses gone in a short amount of time. I really love this boy, and nothing could change that. We both pulled away, gasping for air. We must have been kissing for longer that I had thought, because I realized I had to wake up Jack and Charlotte.

I looked at his clock, seeing it was only 7:13. I always woke up early on Christmas, especially when I was really young. I smiled at Max, and he gave me a questioning look before voicing his confusion.

"Why are you up this early?" He asked, sleep still evident in his worn out voice. Max spent last night singing to me because I had some nightmares, which were hell on my body. After the nightmares were gone and all I was aware of was his voice, I was comforted. I didn't realize that my nightmares were so difficult on my body, but they proved to be that way in the early hours of the morning.

 "I'm up because it's Christmas you dork! Time to get up." I said, smiling at him.

"What happened to quiet, calm Ali? Don't change, I like this one." He said, making me giggle. I pecked his lips before walking to the door, turning back to look at him.

"She came out of her shell. I'm gonna go wake up my lazy brother and sister. Love you." I called on my way out of his bedroom. I heard him chuckle and tell me he loved me too, before I was down the stairs and couldn't hear anything else. I went to my sister's room first, continuing our tradition.

"Wake up Lottie. It's Christmas!" i whisper yelled in her ear. Her eyes popped open, and the biggest grin appeared on her face. I laughed at how excited she got, knowing that this excitement was something we shared. She jumped up from bed and grabbed my hand, pulling me out of her room. I laughed at her childness, but I couldn't judge because I was the same way. We quietly ran to Jack's room, but I took my boots off at his door, preparing for our tradition. I quietly opened the door and we silently walked to his bed, seeing his sleeping body resting peacefully on it.

I looked at Charlotte and held up my fingers, counting down from three. When I got to one, we hopped up onto his bed and jumped on it, screaming random things.