chapter 19

3 Months Later(December 16th)

I walked into my room, water dripping on the carpet as I made my way into my closet in a towel. I wanted to go shopping, mainly so I could get some Christmas presents for my family. I decided on a pair of skinny jeans a simple blue tshirt( http://www.polyvore.com/untitled_48/set?id=65744047)I had on my bra and underwear, and I put on the clothes over them. I slipped on some ankle socks and walked into the bathroom, grabbing my brush and brushing my long hair. I put it up into a messy bun, getting it out of my face. I put foundation on, along with light brown eyeshadow and blush. I went simple today, not wanting to do very much. Plus Max likes it when my make up is more simple, so it makes sense.

I walked into my room and put on my black uggs, grabbing my phone and heading out of my room. I took the steps two at a time, getting down quickly. I went into the kitchen and grabbed a banana, peeling it and taking a bite. I went to the fridge, examing the drink options and picking a water bottle. I twisted the cap and took a drink, the cold liquid running down my throat. I put the top back on a put in back in the fridge for later. I finished by banana and threw the peel away, my phone vibrating in my back pocket. I took it out and found a text from Charlotte.

From: Char :)- hey babe! i was thinking, can i come visit you an max for christmas?

I smiled at her message and yelled up the stairs, getting Max's attention.

"Babe! Can Charlotte stay with us for Christmas?" I called. 

"Sure." He called back. I went to respond to her text, wanting to get back to her.

To: Char :)- yeah! max said its fine so let me know when you get a flight to come. love you :)

I locked my phone after sending the text, slipping it back in to my back pocket. I decided to head back upstairs and ask Max if he wanted to go with me to go shopping, but then I remembered he didn't celebrate Christmas. I didn't know how we would celebrate Christmas, but I made a decision we wouldn't celebrate it in the house this year. As long as I'm with Max, I won't make him celebrate a holiday that he hasn't celebrated before. 

I ran up the stairs and walked into Max's room, finding his room deserted. He must have been in his bathroom, considering the bathroom door was shut and the light was streaming in from the crack at the bototm of the door. I knocked on the door and heard the shower running, so I knocked louder. 

"Come in love!" He called. I smiled at opened the door, shutting it once I was inside. I hopped up on the counter, sitting down and looking at my phone.

"I need to go Christmas shopping for my family, but you don't have to go. I forgot about you being jewish when I asked if Lottie could stay with us. I will just buy the presents and send them to my mom and brother, and we can just go out for dinner or something on Christmas. We don't have to celebrate." I said. He shut off the shower and grabbed the towel that was hanging up, opening the shower door and greeting me. He smiled once he saw me, water dripping down his face from his wet hair. 

He stepped out of the shower, walking over to me and pressing his lips against mine. I was surprised by the sudden action he had made, and that was the reason I didn't kiss him back. He pulled away, his eyebrows scrunching together. He examined my face, trying to find a sign that I didn't want to kiss him. I must have showed no signs though, because he kissed me again. I kissed back this time, taking control. My sense numbed out, and the world around me faded. It didn't come back until he pulled away, us both breathing heavily. I smiled at him and leaned my forhead against his, closing my eyes to enjoy the moment I was in. We stayed like that for about five minutes before Max sighed and pulled away, walking into his bedroom.