chapter 30

Max's p.o.v.

I woke up from my unpeaceful sleep, the beeping from her monitor awakening me. I looked over and saw her still sleeping, though her face seemed to be clouded, like she was having a dream. I wish I could know what was going on through her precious mind.

I looked down to find Bella gone. Panic ran through my veins as I had no clue of her whereabouts. I ran my hand over my face, standing up and stretching my limbs. I checked my pocket and found my phone missing. Taking small strides towards the door, I pushed it open slightly to see Bella talking animatedly to someone.

"I dont want to go back! No one wants me there, everyone left." She sounded strong in the beginning, but towards the end her tone softened, sounding broken and alone.

The person responded to which I figured out was her social worker.

"Please, don't make me go back. Give me two weeks to find a family, and if I don't then I get to come back to Seattle. Please just give me this chance." She was pleading, and I could just picture the man smirking, thinking she couldn't do it.

He responded and she thanked him before pulling the phone away from her face and pressed the red 'end' bar. She sighed, sliding down the wall. Figuring now was the time to comfort her, I slid the door open. She had her head resting in her hands which rested on her knees.

"Hey princess, whats goin on?" I asked, concerned. She told me how the conversation went and what went along with the guidelines for this project.

Alli's p.o.v.

I looked up, feeling awake and refreshed.

"Max?" I called, looking for him around the room. He was no where to be found.

I started to panic, wishing my love would be by my side in an instant. A voice spoke up as I started to cry, surprising me.

"Hey princess," His soft voice spoke. I looked up and was amazed. I smiled, getting out of my bed to go hug him.

"Hi daddy," I smiled as I stepped away. He smiled, kissing my forhead. I walked back over to my bed, getting under the covers.

"How are you feeling baby girl?" His tender voice asked. His voice was only this soft when he talked to my siblings and mom. When he was talking to others, he sounded professional, not allowing his vulnerable side to show through his cracks.

"I feel better, what happened?" I was completely confused as to why I was in a hospital bed, but I was much more confused as to why I was talking to my dead dad.

"You took to many pills, you wanted to visit me." He said softly, coming to sit on the edge of my bed.

"So it worked? Am I with you in heaven?" I asked excitedly. He shook his head, the movement not very much.

"Does this look like heaven, my dear?" Those words shocked me back to my reality, well, my reality of my dream land.

"No daddy," I answered, begging him with my eyes to explain more to me.

"This is a dream, darling. You're still passed out, but you're very aware of what's around you. That young boy, Max is it? He looks like hes been run ragged." He spoke. I nodded, understanding why.

"Well Al, you my dear have been run through the ringer. You need some rest, but I will tell you something. You aren't meant to fly with me yet. You have to take care of mom, your brother and sister. But you also need to take care of those two young adults outside."

"They love you so much Al, but I need you to understand that what I'm going to do is for the best. I'm going to take some of your memories, trust me that this is for the best. You won't forget Max, but you wont remember him either. I will give you these things back when I know you're healed enough."