Context Story #2/The Previous Evolution

A long time ago, in a land where fighters and time travelers from all over the universe would roam, there surely was one that was a cut above the rest. His name was Exo, but he goes by Evolution. He was a warrior who was summoned by Trunks, created by the wish-granting dragon Shenron. Exo was no mere warrior, he had the power to help defend all of time and space itself. He was given a place in the Time Patrol, with the goal of protecting the course of history. Throughout his life, he'd gone on many adventures through time with other Patrollers just like him. At one point, a strange person came to try and persuade Exo to go down a darker path, and make room for evil to roam. The Supreme Kai of Time was only able to delay the inevitable for a short time, until it all just came crashing down. The strange person revealed himself to be Demon God Demigra, a god of the Demon Realm. He broke through the void that was holding him. When Demigra came through, he put Exo's home to ruins, killed many Patrollers, and even control the minds of powerful villains and Z-Fighters. Exo took it upon himself to stop this mad man. It was a rough battle for him, but in the final clash, he utilized the power of the Z-Fighters to end Demigra, and save history.

           After being part of the Time Patrol, he decided to settle down and retire. Exo married a strong Saiyan woman and even had a son, who Exo decided to name Evolution, his old code name. But, when his son was born, his wife passed away during birth. It was rough for a long time, but he and Evolution were able to move on from it. Exo's life after retirement was not what he expected. The good thing was that during this time there was peace, with no villains to fight. That's what the life was like, until Exo was called in for an emergency. A strange portal had appeared in the Time Nest, and the Time Patrol needed Exo's help to investigate. When Exo arrived at the Time Nest, he felt the evil energy that the portal contained. Exo knew that he had to gather some help for this. He gathered a few Patrollers to group with, and they all jumped through the portal.

           When they entered, all they saw was a void, surrounded by an endless amount crystals. After only a few seconds had passed, the whole group got caught in some form of energy rings, while the portal was closing behind them. Exo wasn't going to let the Patrollers get caught, so with all of his power, Exo turned Super Saiyan 2, tore apart the rings and pushed them the Patrollers outside, before the portal closed. But, Exo was still inside. There he was, floating forever in an endless sea of crystals that display different moments in Dragon Ball History, making Exo remember the glory days. But, beyond the endless void, there was a crystal that quickly showed a glance at the future, it showed Evolution all grown up. Then it started to show the present, like it was a live feed that only focused on his son. He may not be there, but at least he will always be watching over his son, in hopes that he will be free, and be with him once again.