Part 3/Chapter 4: Time Rift #2: The Cold Apprentice

It's now time for the second group of Patrollers to go to the next time rift. As soon as Rika, Pikoro and Exo make it to the rift in the glaciers, they jump in right away. The quickly made it out of the rift and so far everything seemed the same. Their objective was to find out what happened in this timeline. After a few minutes of searching, they found something interesting. While searching in the wasteland, they found Freiza's ship, and Freiza himself, alive, and in his first form. The group began to hide behind some huge rocks nearby, shocked that this version of Freiza is alive. Exo told the others to keep calm and stay quiet. But after saying that, the three were caught by a few of Freiza's men. The group decided to play along and surrender, even though they can easily take them out. Before they could attack, they needed to find out what Freiza is up to. The three were taken to Freiza's ship, where they met someone different in this timeline. They were greeted by Freiza, and another frost demon named is Coup. Years ago, Coup was actually saved by Freiza after Freiza ended up destroying his home planet. Since then, Coup has been entered into the Freiza Force, and served as Freiza's apprentice. The way Coup looked was certainly unlike any frost demon the group has seen before. The way he even moved and talked, it was like there were two Freiza's standing next to each other. Coup told Freiza that he can take care of things, but Freiza told Coup that he has no room to make any orders. Coup insisted that he'll take care of the situation. Freiza, annoyed at Coup's persistence, let Coup have the task of taking out the people they have captured. Coup then began to charge up a Death Beam to kill the group. But just as he was about to use the attack, Exo quickly turned Super Saiyan, creating a huge shockwave to throw Freiza and his men off balance.

           The group began to fly away from the ship and back to the time rift. Sadly for them, Freiza and Coup got back up fast, and weren't going to let them escape so easily. Exo told Pikoro and Rika that he'll take care of the soldiers while they focus on Freiza and Coup. Exo flew back down to the ground to face the men. Blaster bolts were going off in every direction as the soldiers were shooting at Exo. Exo hadn't fought for a long time, but he was still fast enough to dodge every shot. Rika tossed herself onto Pikoro, and urged him to launch her at Coup. Pikoro then stretched his arms and grabbed Riko. He then spun around at very high speeds, and threw Rika at Coup, causing them to move away from Pikoro and Freiza. Freiza tried to attack Pikoro, but it had no effect on Pikoro. Pikoro knew all of Freiza's moves so dealing with him wasn't going to be an issue, Freiza was no match for Pikoro. After Coup and Rika were flying away, Coup pushed Rika off of him while in mid air, and began to fight her. His attacks were pretty slick, it was tough for Rika to get a good grip on him. Rika couldn't land too many attacks on Coup. He then shot a giant ki wave into the ground and at first, nothing happened. But, then more ki waves came from below the ground, surrounding Rika. After Rika dodged the attack, Coup then flew to Rika and put her in a hold. He then began to talk to her. Coup told her that for years, he was always a slave to Freiza and was always put down by him. Coup also said that when the time is right, he will kill Freiza, take his army, and become the true Universal Emperor. While Coup wastelling Rika his plans, Exo teleported behind Coup, chopped his neck and Pikoro kicked him away. This was their opportunity to escape, now that they knew what was going on in this timeline. The three made it back to the rift after taking out Freiza and his men, and made it back to the main timeline. In this time rift, there was no Time Patrol, but it seemed like Freiza was ruling over the galaxy with an apprentice of his own race. We go back to the alternate timeline to see Freiza furious at Coup for letting the Chrono Squad get away. As Freiza was walking away, angrily rambling. Someone appeared out of thin air, keeping Coup quiet. The stranger told Coupthat he has a way for him to be under Freiza's foot any longer. But, he has to kill Freiza to do it, just like what Coup thought of. Just as Coup charged up a Death Beam on Freiza, the stranger began to laugh, as he watched Freiza's body fall, and a smile grows on Coup's face as he turns to the stranger.