5. You've Come So Far

Adley's POV
When I wake up I feel much better and more awake, I guess I really did need some rest. As I get out of my room uncle Alec comes running up to me.

"Adley I need you for a mission." He tells me "Ok I'll get my sword." I run and grab my weapon in the weapons area and grab my sword. Uncle Alec and I go into a closed building and I use the unlock rune and open the door. We slowly walk in and look around quietly as possible. It's really dark in this room. I grab my witch light and it helps immensely. A demon is right in front of me out of nowhere and I kill it fast and uncle Alec kills two. A demon is about to touch uncle Alec as he's looking a way from it but I'm able to kill it before it scratches him.

"Thanks, behind you!" He says loudly and pushes me out of the way and saves me. "Thanks" I say as well and we continue killing the demons that are coming fast at us. A demon tries to come under me but I slide away from it and kill it from behind. Another one comes up from the ceiling and I lift my sword up and get it as it opens its mouths screaming at me. Uncle Alec kills one that sticks against the wall but it splits into two and I go next to uncle Alec and get ready. I have a hard time fighting one of them off and so does uncle Alec, these are tough ones. I'm able to slice its head and uncle Alec doesn't he same to his.

"Adley beside you!" He warns me and I turn fast and slice through in the middle. We wait for a while and it's quiet, we wait a little bit longer and I think we're done. Uncle Alec and I decide to check around the perimeter and we're safe. When uncle Alec comes back to me he smiles at me.

"What?" I ask him "Just can't believe how far you've come. I'm proud of you" He tells me and puts his hand on my shoulder and I smile at him.

"You want to get some food after washing this off?" I ask him as I look at the blood on us. "Sure" Uncle Alec agrees and we start walking back to the institute.