17. No One Hurts My Family

Adley's POV
I'm training to get ready to go after the demon that hurt dad. No one hurts my family or else they'll regret it. As I kick the punching back hard I see dad leaning against the door with his arms crossed smiling.

"Hey, shouldn't you be resting?" I ask him as I stop and take a breath and he comes up to me. "I'm ok and what are you doing?" He asks back

"Getting ready to fight the demon that hurt you." I tell him and he smiles big. "I'll help you hunt it down. We're better together anyways, not alone on a mission." Dad reminds me

"Who said I was going alone?" I tell him and he hugs me and I hug him back. "I love your protective heart Adley. It's one of the best things about you." Dad kisses my forehead and rubs my back.

"Jace, we found the demon that hurt you come on and Adley you can come too." Uncle Alec informs us and I quickly get changed and ready to fight. All of us as a family come together on the mission and get ready in the demons home that uncle Alec found.

"Magnus now" Uncle Alec tells him and uncle Magnus gets the demon attracted here and it's in the middle of our circle.

"Hey! Remember me!" Dad yells at it and the demon growls at him and it moves but I feel it behind me and I wait for a bit and turn around and kill it straight through. It's dead, dad and mom come up to me and put and hug me everyone else hugs me too.

"I'm proud of you" Mom and dad tell me and I smile. "No one hurts my family." I remind them and dad hugs me.

"One of the many things we love about you." Dad says to me and I get closer to him as mom hugs us as well and I get closer to her. No one hurts my family, no one.