20. We Train So We Can Learn To Fight

Josh's POV
"Do you mind not using your vamp skills on me?" Caspian asks me "Oh c'mon man that's no fun though." I tell him "Sorry, we're playing fair here." He tells me and hands me a practice stick.

"Let's go" I start and he flips me on the ground with the stick under my foot.

"Ooh, watch out there vampire." Caspian messes with me and I roll my eyes and get up. Don't speed at him remember. I run up to him and slash my stick above his head and he ducks and kicks my leg as I go backwards. "Is that all you got?" He threatens me

I get up quick with no speed and we hit the sticks together for a bit. Caspian flips over me smoothly and I roll my eyes and I use my stick to trip his legs but he stops himself by putting his hands on the ground.

"Nice try" Caspian says to me and I come running up to him with no speed still and try and whack him in his hips but he jumps over my stick. Caspian is able to quickly put his stick from underneath me and I fall. "Sorry man, looks like I won this round." He holds out his hand and I grab it as he helps me up.

"What?" He asks me, I may have looked annoyed. "I guess you're stronger than I thought you were." I admit and he smiles proudly. "I'll take that as a compliment." Than we see Adley and everyone else running to their swords. So Caspian and I catch up to her.

"What's going on?" I ask her "Family mission" She answers fast as she gets her sword and small daggers.

"Be safe" Caspian tells her and she kisses his cheek quick and I look away. They run to the mission as we just stand there.

"Wanna get some food?" Caspian asks me "Sure, shower first though, we both reek." I tell him and we get ready.

You know he's truly not a bad guy.