New York / Secret is out.

Avalanna Carlson

I walked inside the hotel room with Jake. Alessandro and nellie were already here. I walked over to Nellie, "hey" she said, "hi" I smiled. I took a seat on the chair, "Jake, your suit is in here" a woman told him, he walked over to me. "I'm excited to see you in your dress" he smiled, I nodded. He walked away, I looked at Nellie.

He called me the morning I woke up in Nellie's apartment. He apologized for his behavior. I took it, I forgave and I really wanted to forget what he did but it's back in my mind everytime I see him.

Nellie did my hair, I looked into the mirror. She straightened my hair and started to put it in a low ponytail. It was pretty. "When are you going back to Los Angeles?" she asked me. "I don't know" I just answered. "Jake has a job next month, he asked me to stay," I said. She nodded, "I'll try to go back, I just have a few things to do" I told her.

Jake walked in, "what do you say?" he asked me. "You look good" I told him, I meant it. He was a handsome man, he was just abusive, a lot. I have a big bruise on my thigh. I didn't know what to do about it, I needed to talk to Nellie about it. The bruise was new, it was from last night.

When Jake walked out, "can you lock the door?" I asked Nellie. She walked over and did so. "I have a bruise on my thigh, it's going to be seen" I said. "I have something that can cover it up" she told me, "we'll look at it when I finish your makeup" she told me, I nodded.

My makeup was natural, I liked it. I was in my dress. Nellie was covering up my visible bruises, the one on my thigh was my biggest. "This is not right" she told me, I looked down. I nodded, "you need to leave him.." she whispered, "he's trying to be better" I told her. "Trying isn't enough" she told me, "he has to change in order for you to trust him Ava, he's treating you bad" she said.

"I know he is but he's also regretting it all afterwards, I'm just trying to get through it with him" I said. "That's not right, someday he'll hit you, push you out in front of a car" she said. "Please be careful with him" she whispered, "I am" I told her.

We arrived, and when I thought about it I really didn't want to go out there with Jake. I didn't want to be by his side, I didn't want this. But I took a deep breath and got out of the van, Jake took my hand and we walked towards the entrance.

We stood at the red carpet, a lot of lights were hitting at once. His hand around my waist made me think back on the first night he hurt me. I looked around and put on a fake smile.

Jake had to take a few pictures alone and I did it as well. I walked further and a man who I believed was from the press stopped me to do an interview.

"Avalanna Carlson!" he smiled, "hey" I smiled. "How are you feeling tonight?" he asked me and handed me the microphone. " Great, it's a pleasure to be here tonight" I smiled. "You arrived with Jake, matching too I see with the diamonds?" he said. "Yeah, it's great," I nodded. "What are you wearing and can you tell me about the matching diamonds?" he asked.

"I'm wearing Alessandro Michele as always," I smiled, "and I designed Jake's suit. I thought it would be fun to bring a few diamonds on his suit" I said. "It looks so cool" he told me, I nodded. "Tell me about your dress?" he said. I looked down. "It's a masterpiece really, Alessandro never disappoints, he went in with this dress and told me he wanted it to look elegant but very delicate" I told him. "How do you like it?" he asked me, "I like it, i feel very beautiful at the moment" I laughed a little.