Chapter 29

*Not Edited*

There werent any words to explain the terror she felt. As the tall metal doors widened she felt helpless to the superiority of the people around her. She gave one last try and went full out and tugged, squirmed, screamed with all her might. But these weren't ordinary people. For some reason she didn't even make them move a muscle. Other than their legs of course.

Am I this weak...

"What the hell is wrong with you people!" She yelled at them but nothing happened. They kept their head high, looking forward.

They had led her to an incredibly large room filled with hologramic-like computers. By these there was a surgical table with different intruments that, might i add, were sharp enough to kill you with just a swipe in the neck. Surgeons surrounded the table with their blue uniform on.

As they walked inside, Arriza was blinded by the bright florescent lights. Upon seeing the scapel and needles she yelled as if her torture was already in effect. "No! No! I'll, I'll make you a wager!"

She tried, but nobody even cared what she was saying.

Higher up on the wall were glass windows in which people inside it where watching. Sweat began to form on her forehead. She never felt like this. So scared...

Samantha was already inside the room and ready for action. "As of now, the future lays in your hands." She told the surgeons.

As she walked away Arriza yelled at her for answers. The tall slender body turned around, whiping her hair in the process, and looked at her. " Shut up."

Arriza's eye widened. This wasn't how her life was supposed to be. Her destiny wasn't to die then, she was supposed to live a normal life. A great life.

Her head was slammed on to the metal table and her ankles and arms were strapped to limit the struggle.

Her voice was the only thing they hadn't been shut. Well, at least not then...

A mask was nearing her face. It was time to make her unconscious.

.

.

.

Suddenly the metal doors banged and banged. It was Gerald. His hands slammed onto the door demanding it to be open. He then grabbed his gun and shot at the knob. It took all his bullets to break open the doors and all the surgeons stared... including Arriza.

The door flew open and Geralds face was revealed. Sweat poured down from his chin and fresh cuts on his body could be seen.

He fought long and hard to get there.

He couldn't let them go through with the project. They supposedly want to fight the virus with another virus.

Bullshit! They don't even know if it works...I don't even think they're doing this because of the virus....

"Gerald! " Arriza yelled at him as guards ran towards him.

Being tied from the arms and legs was nerve-wracking to Arriza. She felt too exposed, too left to the open. "Don't worry I'm on my wa-"

He was stopped mid sentence when a metal bar hit him between his shoulder blades. It was the end of a gun. Charles.

He fell to the floor. "Gerald!" Arriza yelled with tears falling down her cheeks. "Charles?" she said with a questioning cry.

He looked up at her, then in an instant he snapped away from their intense stare and raised his armed arm and began shooting. His shots were accurate and quick, killing everyone but two.

"Get the fuck up Gerald. " Charles said with a whine and a chuckle. He reached down to get Gerald when an unexpected shot was heard.

Charles fell to the floor with a thud. It was like the air was taken from him. Gerald's eyes widened and he backed away from the pool of blood.

Charles touched his wound and looked back to see the culprit.

"You bastard... "He said with the breaths he could spare.

With a hand on the wound, he scooted over towards the wall for support.

There Samantha stood with the gun in her hand. "You should've known better. " She said with a voice fillled with hatred. "To burst in here and shoot my men! That alone deserves the culprit his owndeath."

" To not help your daughter in the presence of danger doesn't make any more innocent than me!" Charles yelled in a desperate comeback.

Mother...

"You're my mother? " Arriza questioned. Gerald had managed to liberate her in the confusion so she was now standing by him.

Samantha stayed silent. " Me being your mother and you being my daughter means nothing!" She exclaimed.

It was terrible feeling, really. Knowing your mother doesn't love, that she never did.

" Why? Why did you abandon me? "

"Because my work is more important than some living thing that was never meant to be born!" Samantha retorted the instant Arriza spoke.

"You were never meant to be born. " She said in a low voice.

Suddenly her gun was raised and it was pointed towards Arriza.

Arriza didn't have the heart to say something else as the tears fell limitless down her face.

Samantha looked away with closed eyes and brought down her gun. "I won't let it be me who will be your undoing. "

She turned to walk away looking back and snickering.

Charles died right then and there and this, this triggered something.

The gun was lifted from the ground and it was pointed to Samantha's back. Without hesitation he pulled the trigger and a shocked face replaced the joy of hers from before.

One more death to that wretched day.

The only allies left were Gerald, Arriza, and David.

But now it was only three and they were outnumbered.

Will this be...the end?