Chapter 3

Like an idiot I walked closer towards the noise without knowing my life could be in serious danger.

The noise came from somewhere upstairs. So slowly and carefully, step by step, I headed up.

Once at the top of the stairs I turned and faced the door to my right. Fear ran through my body and my blood turned cold not knowing what might happen. I placed my hand on the cool door knob and turned it. Then pushed the door open.

My eyes widened and I gasped. What I had seen could not be unseen.

Ms. Perry's body was torn apart revealing her insides and shedding blood everywhere.But what caused her to become that way made my insides heave. It was a person, a person!

"Oh... God." I said trying my best not throw up.

Suddenly the noises stopped and the thing stood up staring at me.

" Oh crap." I said in a hurry as I began running down the stairs.

Then once I was at the bottom I looked up only to see it tumbling down at me. I screamed as it made its way on top of me.

I pushed it away from me as much as I could but the thing was crazy. Its bloody, nasty, ugly face hovering over mines; I was face to face with it now.

Out of nowhere a bullet made its way to the head of the thing on me.

Quickly I pushed the thing off my trying not to explode with the amount of fear in me. I turned to see who had shot it and was shocked.

It was a guy around my age, right there, in front of the door with the pistol in his hand. He wasn't looking at me only at the guy he shot. I opened my mouth to speak but no words came out. I was terrified at what happened.

What if it killed me? What if he accidentally shot me? WHAT IF I NEVER CAME HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE!

"Get out of the house..." He said in a low, deep voice. "B-But-" I tried to say but he interrupted me. " I said GET OUT!" He yelled at me angrily.