Chapter 19

~Please read the author's note at the end of this chapter.~

"Beautiful night, ey." Eric said as we stared at the moon and sky ignoring the roaming dead. "mhm, It sure would be if it weren't for the dead down there." I said tilting my head to the ground and frowning.

"How long have you been here Eric?" I asked him not tearing my eyes away from the dead.

"Well about a week and a half. I followed the law of three's you know the one's we learned at school. 3 minutes without air, 3 hours without shelter, 3 days without water, 3 weeks without food." He paused, stood up and held out a hand.

"What does that stand for again? " I asked taking his hand and standing up.

"Your life expectancy, love. " Gerald said placing a hand on my shoulder.

I flinched at his appearance beside me.

"Wait, what? Really?huh, wonder if it's true. "I said looking at both of them.

"Yeah, pretty cool actually." Eric said heading over to the blankets.

I didn't move an inch, nor did Gerald. Wondering why?  Because of that little b-

Calm down Arriza, inhale exhale, inhale exhale.

Sorry about that, it's just that he was heading towards the girls.  And right now, I'm not very fond of them.

" Aren't you coming?" Eric said turning around.

By now Clara and a few of the guys had already gone to sleep.

The only ones awake was Gerald, Kyle, Matt,  David, Charles,  and Amanda.

I could see her from my peripheral vision stealing glances at us.

"Nah I'm gonna stay here for a bit and look out. " I told him with a smile.

" Oh, alright. " He stated and continued on his way.

The smile on my face quickly formed into a frown as I turned around and sat at a corner of the window.

"Yeah I don't like them very much as well. " Gerald whispered sitting down.

" Am I that readable?" I said laughing a bit. He laughed as well then said " No it's just that, well nobody likes their kind of bitchy attitude." he whispered with a shrug.

"Tell me about it. How did they even get here? " I told him sitting down besides him.

"I just found them in my way searching for some place safe. Been with me ever since. " He answered with a sigh as he slumped his shoulders and ran his hand through his raven hair.

After staring outside for a while without saying nothing I said. " Why are you acting all nice to me?" I turned my head to face him.

There was a moment of silence. I couldn't see his eyes because his hair was covering it so I didn't know how he reacted. After a while he spoke.

"Well let's just say that in the end, i'll be the one keeping you alive." He said with a sad smile then stood up and walked away from me.

I didn't understand what he meant by that, which made me worry.

Is there a danger out there that I don't know? Maybe he's just playing tricks on me.

I told myself as I decided to sleep on the same place I'm at.

"Here's a blanket, in case you get cold." Charles suddenly said. But he said it like he was forced to give it to me. He dropped the blanket besides me then left.