Chapter 4

"Are you crazy!" I yelled at the unknown man."A freaking p-person just tried to eat my flesh and k-kill me! " I said stuttering and my voice breaking in the end.

He rubbed his face with his hands, then stopped with a deep sigh and looked over at me.

"Look, this is more complicated than you can imagine. Just leave this place and live you precious little life away from here as well. " He said dismissing me while I stayed standing in my little corner with my hand on my heart.

"No, no, no, no, no, no, no" I chanted walking towards him and turning him to look at me. Caught off guard, he turned. "You're going to tell me what the hell is happening here. " I said trying to sound demanding but instead my words were laced with sadness and fear.

"That's classified information that I can't tell you."

"You have to tell me! " I begged sounding desperate as the death of Ms. Perry began settle in my head. "She's dead because of this!" I said with watering eyes.

This surprised him.

He looked at me with his pale facial expression for a moment, then looked down and finally spoke.

"You have to understand." He took another deep sigh while covering his eyes. Then he stepped closer to me. "That you mustn't tell anyone about this! Is that clear? " His voice was kinda scaring me but I showed no emotion as I quickly nodded my head.Blinking away my watered eyes.

He didn't say anything at first but then spoke.

"My father" He swallowed then continued "was a scientist who studied viruses. One day he told me a top secret operation that the U.S government was planning to do. They had found a way to cure people from all and any disease." He said after a long sigh."Cancer, HIV, Malaria, Ebola, " He muttered loud enough for me to hear as he list them off.

"That's sounds amazing really. " I said sincerely. He looked at me, then down to the ground. "Yeah, Pretty amazing if they only knew the fucking consequences." He mumbled not meaning to be heard but i was able to catch his words

Then he continued "Anyways, they needed a person to test the antidote so they forced my father to be the person they would test it on. Well... it didn't turn out that great. He came home fine but he became extremely sick and passed out. I left ,by orders of my mom, to go to the local drug store and buy medicine. I must've taken too long or... I don't know I just came home to see this."

"What about the gun?" I asked suspiciously eyeing the pistol in his hand.

"My mother always kept a spare gun hidden in the bushes. You know, in case of an emergency like this." He said raising it up.

"Oh," I paused trying to find the right words."I'm sorry for your loss uh-"

"David. My name is David Perry" He said and then extended his hand and spoke again."and yours?"

"Arriza, Arriza Fray." I answered taking his hand.

"Well isn't this quite an introduction." he said while shaking my hand. Suddenly there was a loud noises from the top of the stairs. It was Ms.Perry but she had turned and we were her target.

The gun had no more bullets and even if it had, David wouldn't dare to shoot her. We ran away and hid hoping it wouldn't find us but we were foolish to think this was the best way to get rid of a walker. We got away only to realize that she would attack others and make them turn as well.