Chapter 6

"EVERYONE BACK AWAY!" he screamed, people not thinking twice about it. But she was too quick she had bitten two more people and they were turning. More screams and cries for help echoed through the community center once more.There was nothing we could do but find a better shelter now that this has happened.

"EVERYONE GET OUT OF HERE!" David yelled.The infected people began blocking the exit so we had to use the alternative --leave through the emergency exit.

BUZZZ!

"Fucking, damn that fucking noise." He muttered angrily besides me, looking up at the blinking red lights. "Lets move!"

There were too many people and while running I heard loud screams of all kinds the young and old -women and men. While we were running I knew there were more of those infected people than before. They had drastically increased, making our chances of surviving this so slim.

"We need to split up!" A woman yelled trying to get other people's attention. Panic flowing through their bodies, they all nervously agreed and off we ran.

I went inside a house with David and a few other people. But to our horror, we saw a bleeding girl hugging her mother and wondered the worst.

"Is she bit?" we asked the little girl's mother, tapping on her shoulder.

Her head quickly turned to us revealing puffy red eyes. Her mouth was in an evident frown by her crying.

The lady stepped away from the girl and showed us her lime green dress with blotches of scarlet colored blood. One hand was on her daughter's back and the other was just by her side.

Help me. She mouthed since her crying did not let her speak. 

We all knew by then she was infected.

"Step away from the girl." A guy from our group slowly demanded, moving his blonde hair from his eyes.

This only made the woman go hysterical.

WHY?SO YOU CAN USE HER FOR YOUR EXPERIMENTS!" She yelled at the top of her lungs." I THINK NOT!" 

And with that she snatched the axe from us and in one swift move, stabbed the girl with it. Ripping her stomach open and letting blood pour from her as she fell to the ground.

Not being able to see her own daughter die, the lady quickly shut her eyes and repeated the action- this time on herself.

Seeing both of them dead right in front of us made our mouth gap and our eyes to go wide.

But my blood ran cold as suddenly right after that, thumps sounded from the front door.

I swallowed and froze hoping they would go away but it didn't, it only got stronger.

"I think this is our sign to get the hell out of here." A lady mentioned, walking up the stairs.

I snapped out of my trance and ran upstairs, tripping at time over nothing. The noise grew more and more as we all entered a room- staying together.

The guy with blonde hair slammed the door shut, locking it and moving stuff in front of it. After getting the hint that we should help, we all began piling things in front of the door.

Soon later, the front door was forcibly made open and a horrible stench of dead meat made it way through the house.

While inside, we told everyone not to make a single move and stay as quiet as possible.

I looked down and sighed, I'm stuck inside a room full of practicaly strangers with infected people outside the door making me feel trapped- afraid and alone.The crazy infected people didn't know we were here so for now, we're safe. But what happens after this?