Chapter 18

After nobody said anything I walked to my room upstairs. Something is off. It just doesn't seem right.

Just get your stuff and go with them. This isn't the best time to be judging what someone is doing.

I thought because I mean c'mon there are flesh-eating people right outside!

I grabbed the duffel bag in the closet by the window and filled it with anything I thought was necessary. Afterwards I went to the top drawer and hid some weapons under the stuff I had inside.So far I only had two outfits inside the duffel bag, with weapons inside of course and personal items as well.

That seemed to be enough so I walked downstairs with the bag over my shoulder.

I arrived at the living room alone except for Gerald. "Don't worry. The other guys left to pack their thing." He said while staying seated in the couch. "Oh well can you at least tell me what's going on?" I asked him as I stood in front of the couch he was in.

"Well you see, your friends went to get food for I suppose you guys. But that place was going to be searched by my people. We kinda fought but in the end your friends killed my people and shot me. " He touched his shoulder and winced in pain.

Man,How could they do that.

"But when they saw me injured and not killed I decided to take them to my safe place to see if they'd spare my life. "

I couldn't believe they could do that. "I,I didn't know that. " I paused and sat down next to him. "But this safe place is it actually safe, no biters would be able to get to us? " I asked not trying to sound rude.

"Yes actually we announced it on T.V. for any who could see it." My eyes grew wide and my lips formed a smile. "Yes, I was able to see that. You guys are at the news station, right? " I asked excitedly.

"Yes, oh thank goodness it worked!" He said placing his available arm around my shoulder. I continued to smile then after a while he took his arm away from me. "It's a pretty short ride there and I know how to get there. Anyways have you ever wondered why you don't see many biters out now? "

Still sitting, I turned towards him and arched an eyebrow wondering the answer. "Actually I do, do you know?"

But before he could answer the guys began to walk into the living room.

Gerald smiled/frowned at me then stood up."Well I guess we should get going then, chaps. " He said towards the guys.

I stood up and placed the duffel bag over my shoulders once again and looked over at them. I wanted to say something but I couldn't, I just didn't know what. Should I tell them everything will be okay? No because that would be a straight-up lie.

I decided to just follow Gerald outside not making eye contact with anyone only the ground.

The rest followed as we began to move out of this house to forever abandon it.

But as our presence outside began to form, biters one by one began to pile up on the fence.

"Those thing will never get inside while we're around." Charles said as he stood beside me watching the dead.

The sun was beginning to set and slowly we were losing light. "Do you think we should leave now?Maybe we should wait until next morning." I told Gerald."Nah love. We'll be safe, I promise." He answered full of confidence in his words.

"How can you be so sure?" I asked him as we all walked to Charles's SUV Honda Hybrid.

While everyone was getting inside Gerald grabbed my arm and leaned close to my ear.