Chapter 8

A day passed and we were still in the small room

I woke up completely shocked and he looked at me confused but then he realized why. I thought this was all just a dream

"Oh uh hey. You're awake huh? Slept good? I mean not that I care. You know what, I'm just going to go over there." he said speaking fast and nervously.

"Uhm okay?i guess okay....well WE have a problem. All of us!" I said seriously while standing up and looking at everyone only to see them still asleep.

"We don't have food and you know what's out there.I know they are dangerous but we have to risk it." I whispered to David.

"Fine im going to check if they are still outside the door and I'll check for food. There are only 4 people counting us and we have to stick together there arent many of us anymore.Wake everyone up tell them the rules. You and I will be in charge."

He had his white under shirt shown instead of his regular green shirt and you coud see when his muscles were flexed. He put his ear by the door and it sounded like there wasn't anyone there.

Slowly and carefully he opened the door trying to make the door stop the squeeking it made everytime he opened it wider. He peeked his head outside the door, they were all gone but they didnt leave without leaving their mark.

Smears of blood and the disgusting smell of rotting meat stenched the whole area. Before we left the room I told everyone to get any possible weapon,medicine, clothing ANYTHING that we would probably need. Then everyone walked together down the stair with their weapon David had the axe, I had a trophy, the lady had pens/pencils tied together with a rubber band and the other guy that seemed much like David had a baseball bat he found in the closet.

Nervously and carefully we looked for any of those bastards and luckily they all left so we locked all the doors, windows and even put furniture in front of them.

When we arrived at the kitchen there wasnt much to look at but it was enough. We grabbed knives, food, water and when we were done there we searched the rest of the house together not alone, I mean we did scan the area but we still dont want to risk it. We ended up finding a map, two guns, one taser, a backpack to put our stuff in and luckily since the power hasnt gone out yet the laptop there had internet and was full of battery. I typed in the Center of Disease Control and I was shocked at what I saw.

Nothing about a disease outbreak or anything like that and thats when i realized.

They are trying to hide anything that happens here from the world. They wont help us, they wont be able to, to get the anti-virus for everyone?Please as if they care about us that much they will give it to the people who are much wanted to be alive before they give it to us. There was a faint voice in my head as if i was unconcious and just dozing off. The voice suddenly stopped and i was picked up bridal style, while the other people grabbed the laptop and we all ran towards the room we were in before.

"What was wrong with you! You could've killed yourself because of you're foolish action you risked our safety!" It wasn't David talking to me, it was the other guy.

" Why what do you mean!"

" Arriza...David and the lady are dead." My throat began to clench up as my eyes filled with tears how could this have happened in such a short time. This wasn't how i imagined myself in this kind of situation, I'm alone now no family, no friends, no time.

He clears his throat before speaking again.

" The other lady tried to fight them too. She hit them in the head with the laptop but was bit. I managed to grab the supplies and you. Now Arriza, we must escape. "

"Sure ofcourse lets go i guess " I stare at him for a moment then swallow hard.

He tied blankets together and we climbed down the house from the window and ran away.