Chapter 10

We looked outside part of the boarded up window. It seemed to be a young man that kept knocking out of a panic. I couldn't tell how his face looked but i knew we had to help him.

"C'mon help me pull the couch so that the guy can come inside. " i told him as i hurried to the couch doing my best to pull it.

He helped me and by the time we went to the door the guy fell inside from all the force he put in knocking.

"Take him into the kitchen. "Charles said poking his head out the door and looking in both direction before closing the door and placing the couch back where it was. There was nobody outside just him how... strange.

"He doesn't seem to be hurt Cha-" I stopped mid sentence for when I saw the guys face my face filled with emotion.

"Charles! Come quick."

"What is it?" He asked as he ran into the kitchen.

"...Davids back. " i told Charles as i looked up at him with a serious, concerned look.

"Oh no.... no,no,no!this is bad really bad. " he said slamming his fist against the already weak table.

"No its not,he's back there no need to freight." I told Charles as I raked through his hair.

"What if those things were following him? They'll know where we are? And David,he'll- he'll see us as a traitor...he, he --Fine. " He said panicked  at first but then had a serious tone at the end.

"Don't you worry about it. In the end I understand that you did it out of the good of your heart to save us. " I told him because deep down I guess I would have done it to if the tables

"That's all i ever wanted to do. " He told me cupping my right cheek and staring at me with his forest green eyes. David was unconscious,the blow from falling straight down must've caused it. I leaned back from Charle's hand and turned to face David as my cheeks burned.

He cleared his throat and walked to the living room saying,

"There's nothing wrong with him so just place him in the couch and we'll wait for him to gain conscious ,until then you know the drill."

"Yes Sir!" I told him mimicking a soldier  as I struggled to get a hold of David. When he looked at me I smiled and he just chuckled as he went to find blankets in the rooms.

"I think its best for all of us to be together so I brought these, but there was only one bed in this house so only one cover and two pillows. You okay with that?" he said with a crooked smile. I thought about it for a while and it was going to be weird but lots of other weird stuff have happened so one more wont hurt.

"Sure, just don't wake me up with your snoring." I told him playfully while I went to the kitchen to gather the stuff and put them by us.

"I don't snore! " he said in a playful little tone.

I came back to see the covers on the floor and pillows arranged for both of us.Then I saw Charles in "bed" in a sexy position with only his white undershirt visible and telling me-

"Ready for bed" he told me one eyebrow arched and patting the cover. I stared for a moment but just rolled my eyes.

"Calm Down Charles! sheesh its just bedtime not a romantic dinner date." I told him in a playful manner , dropping the duffel bag by the couch while my cheeks began to turn red.

I didn't realize how cold it was until I slipped into the warm covers part of the heat generated by Charles.I turned sideways to the opposite side of Charles.

"And don't you try any funny business!" I told him still not looking at him but just pointing my finger upward in a no motion.

" Oh really! What kind of funny business...do you mean this kind!" he told me as he began tickling me and I bursted out laughing trying to pull away his hand away from my stomach. Then he removed his hand and said