Chapter 15

Charles P. O. V

"I'm telling you we have to stock up on food." I told Luke and Kyle trying my best to whisper. They keep thinking that I have a basement full of food and I'm just lying to them. Well I don't! I just have a regular food amount I mean I do live alone. Well except for the butler...but I guess I can't change the past. I sighed running my hand through my hair as they finally agreed with me that we should go sooner than later.

"Do you have a map? " Kyle asked me. I nodded and went toward the duffel bag and got it out. I walked back to them near the table and layed it down. "Now we all know we can't,no shouldn't go to the big stores like Walmart, Target etc." Luke said pointing with his fingers the places he mentioned. "Of course not," Kyle told him annoyed by his thinking" let's go to those gasoline stores. They might not have all the stuff like in a retail stores but its something, believe me man they have some things that you wonder how they even get them ready there. Like freshly baked jumbo pretzels! I mean, are they secret undercover bakers there!?" He  waved his arms sarcastically in the air as Luke and I rolled our eyes. " Yeah,Yeah,Yeah fine which one should we go to?"

I looked for a place nearby and found one five blocks away. It's called Fast-n-Quick and isn't really a popular store so we don't expect a bunch of people."Fast-n-Quick." I stated clearly pointing towards it on the map. "There.Tomorrow.Early in the morning." With that I walked out the room only to find Richie trying to get intimate with Arriza. Obviously she doesn't want him and that's when I came in. I stared at him angrily " Hey dude, it's not what you think." I was beyond angry but when I looked at Arriza I could see the fear in her eyes."Just get the hell away from here." he left the room but not without looking at Arriza one last time. "Thanks" She hesitantly said as she looked down on her lap and covered her face with her hair.

I stared at her for a moment then sighed and sat down next to her."Mind telling me what just happened." I interlocked my hands and nudged her a bit until she looked at me with a small smile on her face. "It's, It's I don't know!"She suddenly exclaimed standing up. I was shocked at her response and I guess she could see it in my face because she sat back down and sighed. "C'mon, tell uncle Charles what's wrong." I told her placing my arm around her and hugging her closer towards me. She laughed which lightened the mood and began telling me what happened.

***

"But i don't understand why is he acting that way towards me. I mean, ugh I don't even want to talk about him anymore."   I didn't know what to think after what she told me. "Just forget about him, ok" I told her with a smile and gave her a quick side hug. She smiled back and with that I went upstairs to my room. All these hallways and meaningless rooms. What a dumbass idea of a house for me. Then again, it wasn't always just me. I took out my key and opened the door that was at the end of the hallway. 

Click

I guess I'm still going to have to complete the task. I sighed and carelessly threw the door open and closed it behind me. Everything looks exactly as I left it, perfect. A grin automatically appeared on my face. I walked around my desk and sat on my chair. I still have some wine in my glass pitcher so I mind as well have a drink. It's not like things can get any better than where we're at now. Damn it Arriza, I should've just knocked you out and taken you away then this would be over! 1,2,3 That easy! I shouldn't have taken my chances. 

KNOCK!KNOCK!KNOCK!

Aw crap who is it now! It's always someone. "Door's open." I stated simply and the person entered. "What the hell man we were suppose to leave to the laboratory!" I rolled my eyes."Seriously man,calm down" I told him standing up with my glass of wine"Don't worry I'll get the chick there and we can,oh what do you call it" I cleared my throat and moved my hands in the air" 'expirement' your ideas on her." I told him showing him air quotations."Shut up, you know you need to do this as bad as I do. " He shoved his finger on my shirt. "Like I said leave it to me ok."I told him.He was beginning to get on my nerves."Fine, whatever just,just finish the job. " I nodded and off went David out of the room. It's pretty cool, he managed to fool everyone that he is still injured and shit.