Prologue

"Surprise!" Clara screamed when I opened the door to see who kept ringing the doorbell. I wasn't expecting anyone.

I stared at her. "What are you doing here? Hindi ba nasa Sydney ka?"

"I'm obviously not in Sydney and I'm here in front of you. Duh!" she replied and rolled her eyes. She went inside my condo and sat comfortably on my couch.

I closed the door and followed her. "What brings you here? Kailan ka pa dumating?" I asked with my brows furrowed. She was supposed to be in Sydney living her life there but she'd been going back here to Manila a lot lately.

"Nothing." She shrugged. "I arrived earlier lang. Oh diba, you're one of the first few people I visited agad," she teased me. "You're all dressed up. Is there some event?" She paused. "Wait... oh my God, are you going out on a date?" She gasped and put her hand over her mouth.

There was no point in denying 'pag kay Clara because she knows me too well so I just nodded.

"Serious?" she asked with her eyes squinting. She was enjoying this. "Akala ko ba you're not interested in dating at all?"

"Hindi nga. But you know how Maddie is like. She's very persistent."

Honestly, I'm perfectly fine and okay with how my life is but Maddie is just so stubborn to believe me that I don't feel the need to date anyone. Palibhasa kasi masayang masaya sila ni Leon kaya hindi niya gets na pwede naman maging masaya nang hindi nagdedate. Those two are just so in love na goal yata nila sa buhay is to find a date and partner for their single friends.

She just laughed and stood up to leave. "Good luck! Have fun! Malay mo, this is the one," she shouted with a grin on her face as she opened the door and left.

That girl's really unbelievable. She just left when we haven't even discussed why she's here again.

I still made an effort to dress up for this date 'cause I should still look presentable. I was wearing a skirt a few inches above my knees, a beige top paired with a nice blazer, and nude heels. I put on light makeup and let my hair loosely fall on my shoulders because it looked nice with all its natural waves. I picked up my trusty Chanel WOC then took one last look in the mirror and got my keys.

The restaurant was just in BGC so it was just a quick drive from my condo. And since surprisingly, the traffic wasn't that heavy, I got to the restaurant quite early.

"Hi Ma'am!" I was greeted by the host by the door. "Good Evening. Do you have a reservation?"

"Hi. Yes, it's under Lagdameo," I told her. Of course, Maddie took care of everything to make sure this blind date happens.

This is like the nth time they tried to set me up. I've always declined and made excuses but sobrang persistent talaga ni Maddie this time. She just wouldn't stop until I agreed to this one... hindi talaga gumana 'yung mga excuses ko sa kaniya and she said that this was the blind date that I really needed to agree to. Na right match daw ito, na she and Leon knew bagay daw kami nitong long-time friend ni Leon. At para matahimik na siya (and really, ako rin dahil paulit ulit niya akong kinukulit), I finally agreed, just one blind date and that's it. Hindi naman talaga ako interesado. Sasabihin ko nalang sa kaniya that the guy's nice but not my type. End of story.

The host seated me in a nice table for two by the corner. Maddie really chose nicely. The restaurant looked nice and cozy.

"Thanks," I told the host as I sat down.

She smiled. "Would you like to order something to drink, Ma'am?"

"Maybe later," I said and smiled back at her.

I checked my watch. It's just 7:45 PM and we were set to meet at 8:00 PM.

My eyes roamed around to people watch and kill time when I saw a familiar face enter the door. I wasn't quite certain if I was right or if he just resembled someone I knew. I looked more intently at the guy while he was talking to the host when he turned his head my way and his eyes met mine.

My forehead creased.

He's here?? No... don't tell me... I shook my head. Maybe he was just meeting someone here too.

I took out my phone and messaged Maddie. I doubt he was the one I was set up with because I remembered Maddie telling me some name... I think it was Lukas? But then again, I was half listening 'cause I wasn't really interested.

Kayla:

Hey, what's the name of the guy you set me up with? Lukas?

Maddie:

Yeah, Lukas. But Xavi's his nickname.

Before I could even reply, someone cleared their throat. I looked up and saw that he was already standing in front of me.

"You?" both of us said at the same time with our brows furrowed.

"Unbelievable," I uttered under my breath as I looked down.

"Sorry? Were you saying something?" he asked.

"Nope." I looked up and bit my lower lip.

"May I?" he asked as he motioned to the seat.

"Sure," I replied.

I stared at him while he sat across me reading something on his phone. His hair was shorter now but it still suited him. He exuded more confidence now if that was even possible. But his eyes, they were still as piercingly beautiful as ever.

I quickly got my phone and put it on my lap then replied to Maddie.

Kayla:

Xavi?!? Parang 'di mo naman sinabi yun.

Maddie:

I did kaya! You weren't listening again, that's why! :P Enjoy your date! *heart emoji*

Freaking great. Lesson learned, Kayla. Dapat kasi nakikinig ka para hindi ka nalalagay sa mga ganitong sitwasyon. Now... how to survive this stupid blind date? Pwede bang umalis nalang at magback-out?