Chapter 25

I wiped the corner of my eyes while I was looking at him. I stuck out my lower lip.

"Make a wish, love!" He repeated when I wasn't moving.

"Nakakainis ka!" I quipped.

He laughed. "Why?" He arched both his brows and his eyes grew wide.

"That's why you didn't want me to go in yet earlier!"

"Didn't want to spoil the surprise." He grinned at me.

I went closer to him and closed my eyes. I wished for us, and everyone around me, to always be filled with love, gratitude, kindness, and hope in facing whatever life throws at us. And... I wished for us to last. I opened my eyes and he was just staring at me. His eyes were glowing and he had this boyish smile on his lips. I blew the candles and wrapped my arms around his waist from the side.

"Thank you," I whispered.

The entire villa was decorated for his surprise. There were petals scattered around and the words "Happy Birthday, Love!" was spelled using petals laying on my bed. A beautiful bouquet of peonies, hydrangeas, and Ecuadorian roses in shades of pink and white was beside it. Even the outside deck was also decorated with lights and petals.

I took so many photos to remember this moment. Xavi also took photos and videos of me and us.

"I'm so spoiled naman." I teased him.

Xavi hugged me from the side and kissed the side of my temple.

The surprises didn't stop there. Xavi planned the entire day for me. After we ate a slice of cake and toasted and drank champagne, Xavi cleared the bed for me before he headed back to his villa.

Since we finished a little late the night before, both of us got up late. He asked the resort to prepare breakfast for us in my villa so we just hung out and cuddled in the hanging sofa bed outside while enjoying the sumptuous meal prepared for us.

Clara

Facetime Video

"Hi Kams! Happy happy birthday!" Clara greeted.

"Happy birthday, Kams!" Maddie shouted.

I was sitting on the over the water hammock net. I flipped the camera and showed them the view in front of me.

"Don't make us jealous!" Maddie complained then laughed.

I chuckled.

"How's your birthday?" Clara asked. She was at a café in Sydney. Maddie was at her atelier.

"The best!" I exclaimed and smiled.

A watermelon shake appeared beside me so I looked up.

Xavi was smiling at me while drinking his mango shake.

"Thanks, love!" I smiled at him.

He crouched and waved to my phone's screen. "Hey girls!"

Both of them waved at Xavi.

"Ang sweet naman." Clara teased.

"Makes me miss, Leon." Maddie swooned.

Xavi just chuckled at both of them. "I'll just swim again, love." He told me then kissed my cheek before he disappeared.

"Kwento!" Clara and Maddie chimed after Xavi left.

I just kept laughing because they kept making me kulit about stories. Of course I was going to tell them everything. But it really needed a proper girl's night out so I just gave them a quick run-down of what happened so far.