Chapter 22

It had been months since the wedding. Xavi and I haven't seen each other since then. We were seeing each other a lot because of all the wedding preps and activities but now that that was already done, I didn't really expect to see him anymore.

Kayla:

Hey! Are you going here soon? Let's go to El Nido!

Clara:

Yup. Sige! Let me know the dates and the deets.

Kayla:

Okay! See you soon :)

Clara and I stayed in one of the best resorts in El Nido care of Maddie and Leon. Turquoise blue water, powdery white sand, and palm trees greeted us when we arrived. You would really feel like you were in paradise with how peaceful, calm, and beautiful the place was. We chose the beach villa which was awesome since it had direct access to the resort's pristine beach.

We hung out by the resort for the rest of the day since it would be best to do island hopping early in the morning. Clara and I dipped ourselves in the pool for a relaxing afternoon. We felt a bit competitive so we raced from one end of the pool to another. It was a draw. The first one, I won by a hairline. The next one, Clara won.

We ended up just laughing at each other after. It felt nice to be spending a chill vacation with her. Madalas, mga cities 'yun out of the countries namin e.

"Hi Mads!" Clara greeted and moved to my lounger.

"Hey Mads!" I waved at her.

"Look!" Clara flipped her phone to show Maddie the view in front of us. It was the ocean and palm trees.

"Ugh! I'm jealous! I can't believe you both went there without me." She pouted.

"Whose fault is it that she's out of the country?" Clara teased the laughed.

"Leon!" Maddie laughed. "We should travel soon! Please sort out your schedules."

Clara and I nodded. "Where to?" I asked.

"I want beach! We always go na to cities eh." Maddie complained.

"I'm planning to go to Maldives for my birthday." I commented.

"Yes!" Maddie clapped her hand. "Let's do that." She beamed.

The call ended up with us planning my birthday trip. Maddie and Clara were so excited about it. Even if it was still more than a month from now, they already checked resorts we could book and activities we could do. Tapos nagdecide na rin sila how long we would stay there. I have such giddy friends.

The following day, we went to a lot of islands. Clara wanted to go to as many islands we could go to. We went to the lagoons and did the kayak tour. After that, we also went to the hidden islands.

We stopped by one of the exclusive islands for the guests of the resort to have lunch. They served us seafood. The sea breeze was so cool and the ambiance was just very relaxing. This was what I loved about going to the beaches and islands. You really get to taste the freshest seafoods and have the best views of the sea.

After lunch, we did more island hopping. Clara and I were sitting across each other on the boat on our way to the next island. I fiddled with my phone and was wondering how Xavi was doing. I toyed with the idea of checking his instagram and gave in.

There were a few instagram stories. There was one where he was in diving gear. It looked like he was in Coron based on the other stories he posted.

I bit my lip then stared at the sky.