Chapter 13

"Do you guys want me to take pictures of you both?" Xavi asked me and Clara.

Clara nodded at him and he took our photos with the beautiful background of the mountain peaks and the lake. He showed us the photos and they were all amazing.

Ang dami naming poses ni Clara. There was one where I was carrying her on my back and holding her legs so we won't fall which was pretty funny 'cause she's taller. Yun isa naman, she was naka side view and had her arms wrapped around my waist tapos I was leaning to the side a bit and had my arm around her and the side of her head was leaned on the side of my head. We had this huge smile on our faces in all of our photos.

"Wow, Xavi. Ang ganda ng photos!" Clara praised him.

He smiled shyly and put his hand on his nape. I laughed silently. I offered to take his and Ryver's photos too so they could also have some pictures together.

"Smile!" I said to both of them.

Ryver put his arm around Xavi and pulled him close to him and they smiled at the camera. I showed them the photos I took.

"You take good photos, Kayla," Ryver pointed out. "Man, she could give you a run for your money!" he told Xavi.

We ate breakfast first inside the car since Ryver and Xavi also got some sandwiches for all of us. After we were done eating, we headed to our next destination.

It was very quiet inside the car. All of us weren't talking. Parang lahat kami inaantok but we were all trying to keep awake since kawawa naman si Ryver if he'd be driving with everyone else sleeping in the car.

Since the silence was deafening, Clara started talking and telling them stories and asking random stuff. That was really one of the best things about her. She would really be able to find something to talk about even with people she barely knew or just met.

"Xavi, you, what's one thing you wish you were good at?" Clara asked.

He put his hand on his chin. He looked serious. I wondered if there was actually something he wasn't good at or at least he couldn't do.

"He'll tell you none 'cause he's so great." Ryver sarcastically said.

Xavi looked at him sharply. "Do you know that it's bad to be envious of other people?" he sarcastically responded to Ryver. Clara and I ended up laughing.

I abruptly woke up and rubbed my eyes then realized that the car's no longer moving and we were already parked. I noticed that my head was leaning on a shoulder so I looked to my side. I saw Xavi who was just looking out the window.

His side profile was nice. I stared at him for a bit. His nose looked perfect and his jaw was well-defined.

No wonder a lot of girls go after him. Not only is he charming, he is also handsome.

He turned his head so I pretended to have just woken up.

"Hey," he said softly and smiled warmly at me. "You're up already."

I nodded at him. "Sorry, I didn't realize I fell asleep and leaned on your shoulder," I gave him an apologetic smile.

"Don't worry about it. It's okay," he said sincerely. "Clara and Ryver already went ahead. I tried to wake you up earlier when we got here but you mumbled that you're still sleepy so I didn't wake you up na."

"Thank you." I softly said and gave him a smile. "Do you want to go explore this place?"

He shook his head. "Nah, I'm good. But if you want to go, we can go."

I also shook my head. "No, I'm good. I think I'll save my energy for the next stops."

We just sat there in silence for minutes. He was just looking out the window and he was unusually quiet. I wanted to start a conversation but it looked like he was in deep thought so I just browsed my phone. I had to edit photos from the trip anyway.