Epilogue

Ryver:

Sorry man! Have to fly back to Sydney.

I creased my forehead.

Xavi:

Thought you're free after this flight to Melbourne?

Ryver:

My friend just texted me just now.

I forgot that I'm filling in for him in a wedding. Hahaha!

But hey, enjoy Melbourne!

Xavi:

Oh. So I'm going around Melbourne alone?

Ryver:

Yeah. What's the deal?

Not like you're not used to it. :p

Xavi:

Hahaha very funny.

You suck!

Ryver had a point. I'm used to traveling alone but it would have been fun to have him along in this trip so I have someone to annoy and tease. He gets pikon easily since we were kids so I enjoy teasing him.

I rubbed my eyes and reached out for my phone from the bedside table.

4:59 AM

*bzzt bzzt*

I tapped my phone's screen to turn off the alarm and got up from the bed. The hotel room was very cold. Just how I liked it. I always set the aircon temperature to 17-18 degrees Celsius even back home because I love the feeling of a very cold room and hiding under a warm comfortable duvet.

I raised my arms up to stretch then went to the window to slightly open the curtains of the room. I took a peek at the skyline outside. Everything looked calm and peaceful. That was why it's nice to wake up this early kasi you see the city just quiet before all the craziness starts.

After I finished fixing up, I checked my watch. It was just 6:15 AM. I was already done with my morning run plus light workout and even preparing so I went to my duffle bag and took out Before Ever After.

Shelley's love for Max. It transcends.

I put the book down. It was a good read and I didn't think I'd enjoy it as much as I did. I stood up and picked up my wallet and phone from the desk.

8:20 AM it read on my phone's screen.

I dashed out and jogged to the elevators. I pressed the down button and kept tapping my foot on the floor. Of all the times I'd encounter elevators taking too long... really, today?

"Hi mate!" I waved at the guy who looked like the coordinator for the tour. He had a clipboard on one hand and a pen on his other hand.

"Hey."

"This is the tour for the Great Ocean Road, right?" I asked him.

"Yes. You almost didn't make it." He pointed to his watch.

He was right. It was 8:30 AM already and the tour was preparing to leave. He asked me to sign on the sheet and told me to quickly head to the van since I was pretty much the last to arrive.

I sat on the empty row on the other side near the window. I looked out. It was sunny and breezy which was good for this tour 'cause this trip was all about nature. I grinned to myself.

*plop*

I creased my forehead then bent down to pick up the paper bag from the floor.

"Here you go," I looked up and handed the paper bag.