Chapter 05

Xavi and I agreed to meet for breakfast in a café I chose. He said I can choose whatever was the itinerary for the day 'cause he trusts my taste. Based daw kasi sa mga posts ko, I had been going to the really nice places. I actually didn't have anything super planned except for restaurants and cafes and a general list of places to visit 'cause I liked keeping my schedule flexible. I only stick to a specific itinerary when I have tours I signed up for but other than that, I just check my list and do what fits for the day.

Hindi ko rin talaga alam why he wanted to hangout. Seems like he was not fond of going around alone so he wanted company. But he'd been traveling a lot and I think he travels alone so ewan ko rin talaga sa kaniya. I agreed since there was really no harm, anyway. Besides, he was fun to be with and entertaining. And it was not like he was going to interfere what I wanted to do since he basically told me we'd do what was in my itinerary.

"Hi! Good morning!" He smiled and sat on the chair across me. "Sorry, I'm late."

His outfit was just simple but really fitted him. He was wearing beige chino shorts, a white button down long sleeves polo that was folded and hugging his biceps, white sneakers, and a black Balenciaga cap.

I shook my head. "No. I'm just really early. I ordered na so you can go ahead and order."

"This is a nice café," he commented. "See! I told you, you really do know the nice and good places to go to. I'm going to bet you really do a lot of research for your trips." He proceeded to call the server and ordered coffee and buttermilk pancakes with bacon.

"Yeah. I enjoy planning out a trip and making sure I get to visit and try a lot of places when I travel. Ikaw ba, hindi?" I asked curiously.

"Uhm..." he paused. "I do research a bit but not very detailed. I'd usually look up what are the things I can do in a country or city I'll visit and would also look at some recommendations for restaurants because you know, food is life." He grinned. "But most of the time, I'd usually look up places when I'm there already so my itinerary is kind of free normally. Just a few exceptions like some most recommended restaurants that I need to reserve ahead of time, those, I'd do ahead of my trip."

So he was pretty chill when traveling but also would do some level of planning.

"Speaking of... I have a reservation tomorrow night at Kisume. The famous Japanese restaurant here. Do you want to go?" he asked while sipping his coffee.

"You were able to get? Gosh! It's so hard to book there. I tried to book as soon as I confirmed that my Melbourne trip's pushing through but they couldn't give me a slot." I pouted.

"Awww, so cute," he said almost inaudibly. "Yeah. I luckily got to book the last seats available." He chuckled. "I actually reserved for two and was going to ask them to change it for one but if you want to go, I'll keep the reservation as is."

"For two?" I asked.

"Long story. I'll tell you next time." He waved his hand. "So you want to go?"

"Duh!" I said. "Of course, I want to go!" I exclaimed.

He let out a laugh. "Ha-ha-ha-ha. Thought so," he mumbled.

When we finished breakfast, I told him that I didn't really have a lot in my itinerary. He said he was fine with anything so we decided on some random shopping, more food trips then dinner, and maybe rooftop bar. It was nice that he was pretty cool about anything. It was pretty easy to be around him.

We went to some of the big malls here in the city to check out some designer stores since wala 'yun gusto ko sa shops that I went to yesterday. He said he was also going to look around for some stuff. We were inside the Chanel store and I was looking for the mini square flap bag that I wanted when I saw him looking at a black WOC.