Chapter 3

The train came to a halt at the station. "Urgh finally" Ibrahim stretched out. It had been a tiring journey to Manali and everyone was exhausted.

We started to gather ourselves and walked out of the booth. A few men, their security I'm assuming, took their bags.

They led us out of the train. "Aryan baba ko phone kar lo" [Aryan call dad] One of Aryan's security told him.

He nodded, "Ghar ja kar" [When we get home] We got into the car that was waiting for us and drove off. I was getting really nervous.

I had never been away from home. I had never stepped out of house without informing my parents.

Now I was out here with a bunch of strangers, roaming around in Manali after running away from home.

A million thoughts ran through my head. How can I go back? Do I want to go back? Will they ever forgive me? What have I done?

"Alia?" Suhana whispered in my ear. I turned to her and her face was filled with concern. It melted my heart when I saw the care in my eyes.

She has only known of my existence less than twenty-four hours ago and she barely knows anything about me.

Yet, like her brother and her friends, she seems to care about me like she has known me for ages. "Tum theek ho na?" [You're okay right]

I placed my hand over hers, "Yes, more than ever" Every worry in me started to diminish, even though I know I shouldn't have run away like that.

It must given my friends and family a major shock. My parents must be so hurt and disappointed. They must feel so ashamed because of me.

Despite so, call me selfish all you want but I didn't care about that. For once, I wanted to care about myself.

I wanted to live my life and just for a moment pretend that my perfect life does not exist. I lowered the window of the car to faced the scenery.

The beautiful hills and mountains were perfectly placed. The wind blew in my face causing my hair to fly back.

I shut my eyes and took a deep breath, exhaling out any negative energy. The car came to a halt and a beautiful cabin stood before me.

I was left in awe when I saw it but the exterior was nothing compared to the interior. "Wow" I exclaimed.

I looked around like an idiot but I didn't care. This was a beautiful place. "Thanks mama designed it" Suhana told me as she plopped onto the sofa.

I almost forgot her mother was one of the best interior designers in India. "There are only three rooms so we gotta share" I sat next to her.

"Thank you Suhana for everything" She smiled, "It's nothing" "Suhana saman rakh diya hai" [Suhana I've kept the luggage] She thanked her security.

"Where are they going to stay?" I whispered. She told me they've arranged a space for the security. There were only two of them so it was easy.

I followed her into her room to freshen up. We sat around the dining table, eating the takeout we got.

Nirvaan shook me, "Whatchu thinking about?" I just shook my head but he didn't let it go. "Come on spill"

I gave in and told him, "I was just wondering if my dad's security would've really reached my cabin" I got everyone else's attention as well.

"Hm there's only one way to find out" Ibrahim said. "What's that?" He was always coming up with the most unique ideas.

"Let's just go take a look" My jaw dropped when Ibrahim suggested we go to my cabin. "But–" "We'll just stake it out" Nirvaan interrupted me before I could say anything.

"Oo maybe you could get some of your stuff" Suhana suggested. "Sue are you telling her to stop taking your clothes" Ibrahim laughed.

"Shut up" Suhana and I said at the same time and I threw a wrapper at him. "So we going or what?" Nirvaan said. "I don't know guys" I told them.

"Bhai?" Suhana turned to Aryan who was solely focusing on his food. "Bhai!" Suhana shook Aryan. "Huh?"

I laughed at him along with the rest. "Did you hear anything we said" Nirvaan asked. "Nope" He simply said as he took another bite.

"I say we go" Nirvaan said. "Go where?" Aryan asked. "Alia's cabin, we gonna stake it out" Ibrahim told him. "Why?" Aryan asked.

"Oh for crying out loud bhai" Suhana rolled her eyes. "Did you actually not hear a word we said" She asked her brother, who was so lost.

"Alright stake out, cabin, sounds like a plan let's go" Aryan stood up and grabbed his keys. "Let's go" Suhana grabbed my hand.

Aryan was in the driver's seat with Nirvaan next to him, holding the GPS. I was sat in the middle with Ibrahim and Suhana at my sides.

"OH that one" I recognised my cabin and Aryan parked away from it. We sat inside for ten minutes. "I don't think there is anyone here"

Suhana, Aryan and I got out of the car. "Go I'll guard" Aryan said as he took out a cigarette. Suhana ran after me.

I looked around the front door. "Did you find it?" I shook my head when I realised there was nothing under the welcome mat or in the shoe rack.

We usually left a spare key there just in case. "Dammit" I sighed. "Hey maybe we could climb in from the back" Suhana suggested. "Oh genius"

We both ran to the back and started climbing. "Yes!" We got excited once we both managed to climb inside.

I searched around and managed to find some clothes and other belongings that I put into a bag. I carried the bag and we both climbed out.

We started walking back when I heard growling from behind. "Sue you hear that?" She turned and her eyes widened.

I turned to see what she was looking at and a big black dog was standing a couple of feet from us. It's teeth were sharp and he was growling at us.

"What do we do?" I asked, completely terrified. "We gotta run" Suhana said. "Dogs running no no" I didn't make any sense because I was trembling.

"We have to at the count of three" I nodded. "One...two...three!" I turned as soon as she said three and sprinted behind Suhana.

We screamed as we ran. We could hear the dog barking behind us as it chased us. "BHAI!! RUN!!!!" Aryan looked at us cluelessly.

His face changed the moment he saw the dog. He threw his cigarette away and began running. Ibrahim opened the door for us and I leapt in after Suhana.

Aryan shut his door behind him and started the car. "Demon dog demon dog!!" Nirvaan yelled as the dog continuously leapt up in front of his window.

"Bhai go!" Aryan drove off and we didn't relax until we were at least five minutes away. "We're in the clear" Aryan told us.

All four of them looked at me as if I was crazy when I burst out laughing. "You good girl?" Suhana asked.

I didn't care because in that moment all I cared about was, I wouldn't have traded tonight for any day of the past twenty-two years of my life.