Chapter 12

Aryan's POV:

I reached Manali about a day ago. I walked into the cabin and immediately saw Alia's phone on the sofa.

I picked up with trembling hands knowing something definitely happened to her. I looked around and took a deep breath.

"Alia?" I called to her hoping that maybe, just maybe she was still here. "Alia?" I walked around the house slowly hoping she would leap into my arms.

I walked up the stairs slowly. The creaks from the wooden stairs could be heard after each step I took.

I knocked onto Suhana's room door, with the hope that maybe Alia still living here. I turned the knob and pushed the door open. There was no one inside.

My heart sank when I saw the room still had Alia's belongings. There was an unopened suitcase laying in the corner of the room.

It was half filled with her clothes. Some clothes were sprawled onto the bed. Some were folded on the floor ready to pack.

The entire room still had her scent as if she was still here. Her dad found her. If only I had stayed a day longer, I could've gotten her out of this mess.

"I'll find you and I'll bring you to home where you will never be forced to do anything" I made a promise to her. I knew she couldn't hear me but I still made it.

I reached out to our manager and instructed her to get some people to find information on Alia. I told her to make this a top priority.

I specially told her that it is very important. I gave her all the details she needed to find her address so we can track her.

I decided to go to the cabin's nearby to ask around. Most of the cabins were empty because people only come here for holidays.

We have strange schedules so our holiday are different but for others it was definitely not holiday season.

I was currently pacing around the cabin thinking of plans to find Alia. I was also thinking about what I would do when I find out where she is.

I would need huge backups if I was going to rescue her from her house. How will I even get in there? This isn't a movie.

There was a knock on the door. I stood in my spot to figure out who it might be. Manager? Alia? Alia's dad? Ghost?

I walked over to the door and was definitely not expecting my dad to be standing there. "Papa?" I was shocked to see my father here.

"What are you doing here?" I asked. "What a father can't visit his son?" He joked. "I mean sure but it's been like a day since I arrived"

I could not believe that he was here. "What can I say I'm clingy" He replied. "Now move and carry this"

I shifted so that he could walk in and I bent down to grab his bag. I shut the door and placed the bag in his room.

"So how is the search going?" He asked as he sat on the sofa. I poured some water in a glass for him. "Not the best" I told him.

I knew he was talking about the search for places to shoot but the search I came for wasn't going well either.

I handed him the glass and sat next to him. "That is why your dad is here to help" He said proudly. "Thanks papa but I have to do this search on my own" I mumbled.

"Why?" He asked. "I just think that you shouldn't help me for everything right. Be a slightly more independent"

I tried to cover up. I almost slipped up in front of him. He nodded. "Can I tell you something?" He asked.

"Sometimes it's okay to ask for a little help" He told me. I smiled and nodded. I didn't know how to explain it to him.

"Also you're not a very good liar it's a good thing you're not an actor" I whipped my head towards him. "Uh what?" I asked.

"Scout out places? Speed things up? Do this search on my own? Please I can see right through you" I sighed softly. He busted me. He always does somehow.

"Now let's talk about this Alia girl shall we?" I looked up at him in shock. "Pooja is my manager" He simply said.

I scoffed and made a personal note for future cases. I have known her my whole life. How could she betray me like that.

"Who is she?" I started telling him the entire story of how we met her and what happened with her, starting from the train to the last day.

"I'm really worried papa what if something happened to her?" I told him. "What if they are forcing to get married or something?"

I was downright panicking at this point. He placed a hand on my shoulder to try and calm me down.

"Aryan I know you're worried about this girl but you need to think of your own safety too" He explained.

"They already beat you up on–" "We fought. They didn't beat me up" I corrected him. "You know what I mean" He said sternly.

"I have to know" I said softly. "I can't stop thinking about her" I looked at her jacket that was laying on the sofa.

"The way she looks, the way she smiles, the way she laughs, everything is stuck in my head" A tear rolled down my cheek.

"I don't know what I will do if something happens to her" I sobbed. My dad pulled me into his arms and let me cry on his shoulder.

I hadn't felt this emotional for anyone for a long time. I had no idea she had this much effect on me.

"We found her" My dad whispered. I stopped crying and pulled away from her shoulder. "We found her address"

I wiped my tears and said, "We have to go!" My dad stopped me and pulled me back onto the sofa.

"There's something you should know" He started. "Videos have been circulating on the internet" I was confused as to why he was telling me this now.

"Of you and Alia" My heart stopped for a second. "The train incident and the restaurant chase" He told me.

"Someone recorded and posted it" I sighed. It's not like I have enough problems. "It's not viral yet and the videos don't show your faces clearly"

That's was a relief at least. "If you don't see Alia ever again, this will probably slide" He informed me.

"But if you somehow manage to find her and bring her with you" He said. "You will be confirming the video" He let me know.

I was in a dilemma. Not saving her could help me avoid so many problems. But I couldn't bring myself to do that.

"No papa I have to get her out of that mess" I told him boldly. I watched him sigh in relief. "That's my son" He smiled and patted my back.