Chapter 24

It had been a few days since the reception party. I had met a lot of people and now realised why Aryan hates being around these people too often.

They can be a bit much. It takes up a lot of energy to deal with them constantly. Anything you say can be held against you later on.

Plus, his friends still didn't like me and there was nothing I could do about it either. I didn't really care about his friends and what they thought of me.

I would feel the same way if a close friend of mine went and got married the way Aryan did. There was one friend of Aryans' that I did care about a lot.

That was Ananya. Aryan was close to all of his friends and I've seen how much he cares for them.

Despite that I did not enjoy how close the two of them were especially on the night of our reception.

Aryan was back at work and was incredibly busy so I hadn't been able to talk to him about this matter.

It had been about a week already and I was starting to feel like I shouldn't bring it up. It seemed petty and I didn't want to upset him because of something so small.

Although, I was getting annoyed that he was always at work. He barely gave me any attention these days.

My phone buzzed next to me and I smiled when I saw Aryan's name. "Hi handsome" I said as soon as I answered.

"Ooo hi baby" I chuckled at his response. "Hey I wanted to tell you to get ready" He said. "For what?" I asked.

"I'm taking you out for dinner" He told me. I smiled happily. "Okie I'll get ready" I said. I leapt with excitement once I hung up.

I couldn't believe I was just complaining about him not giving me attention. I'm such an over thinker sometimes.

I posed in front of the mirror and took yet another mirror selfie as I waited for Aryan to arrive

I posed in front of the mirror and took yet another mirror selfie as I waited for Aryan to arrive. I was up in our room waiting for Aryan.

I had been ready for the past hour and still hadn't arrived. I texted him a few times but he didn't reply.

I dialled his number for the third time. I got frustrated after constantly hearing the ring through the phone.

I cut the call and immediately threw my phone away. "Ass!" I huffed. The door swung open and Aryan walked in on his phone.

No wonder he wasn't picking up my calls, he was on the phone with someone else. "Where have you been? I've be–"

He raised a finger in the air to stop me. My jaw dropped at his audacity to stop me from saying anything after he made me wait for him the past hour.

"Okay yes just make sure it's set up on time" He was completely engrossed in his phone call to even acknowledge my presence.

I huffed and turned to our dresser. I sat on the chair in front of the mirror and started removing my jewellery.

I heard Aryan finally hang up with whoever he was talking to. "Sorry baby I got held up at work–"

He must have finally looked up from his phone to look at me. I was angrily removing my rings and placing them onto the dresser.

"What're you doing?" He asked. I scoffed at his cluelessness. "Taking off my jewellery" I simply told him. "Why?" I didn't bother answering him.

"I'm talking to you Alia" His voice was stern and loud. It made me pause for a moment and look up. I saw him through the mirror.

His jaw clenched and was looking at me. "Look I know I'm a little late but can't you be a little considerate?" He said.

"I've been ready for an hour Aryan and I've spent two hours getting ready for you" I told him. I got up and turned around to him.

"Where were you?" I asked. "At my girlfriends' house" He said without skipping a beat. "Come on obviously I was at work where else would I be?" He said.

"Do you have any idea how long I had to wait?" I asked him. "Do you have any idea how long I've been here working?" He fired back.

"I've been working my ass off to make sure I get back on my timeline for the project" He said. "All because it got delayed because of the–"

"Wedding" I completed the sentence for him. "Yes...we were busy so of course I have to catch up" He said.

"And the public is still onto the topic of our marriage so I have to release this movie soon" He told me. He went on to talk more about work.

"Then maybe we could override all of their assumptions and then–" "Is work everything to you?" I asked him bluntly.

"The work that I worked so hard to get and my parents put it so much effort to give? Yes it's everything to me" He simply said.

"I spent the whole day working my ass off and wanted a nice dinner with my wife" He said. "Clearly I can't have that" He sat on our bed with his head down.

"Look I'm sorry I was late. I was really busy" He told me. "You saw when I walked in, I couldn't even got off the phone" He gestured to the door.

"Yeah just like you were on a phone call on our wedding night" I muttered. "What?" He said.

"Just like you were on a phone call on our wedding night" I said louder. "Yeah I got a work call–"

"Yeah right" I rolled my eyes and sat back down at our dresser. "What is that supposed to mean?" He asked.

I looked at him dead in the eye. "Did you or did you not get a call from Ananya on our wedding night?" I asked him.

He looked at me dead in the eye for a moment. "Yes I did" He said.