Chapter 38

It had been two weeks since the police rescued me from Dev and two weeks since Aryan was shot.

I traced my hand over his bandaged wound. It was right below his chest. I counted myself lucky that it was below the chest.

Aryan still hadn't woken up. The doctors said it could take time but each second felt like an eternity.

We always ensured that at least one family member was with Aryan at all times. In most days, all of us remained in his room.

None of us wanted to go home. We didn't want to go to work or do anything else but be with Aryan.

All of us wanted to be there when he first opens his eyes. I heard Aryan's dad cough slightly.

"Here papa" I brought some water to him and he took it gratefully with a smile. I looked over at Aryan from across the room.

I furrowed my eyebrows when I saw his eyes moving. I couldn't tell if I was dreaming or not because I have done that a few times.

I saw him squint his eyes due to the bright light of the room. I chuckled when the first thing he did was make fun of his siblings.

Aryan's POV:

I tried to adjust my eyes to the bright light of the room. I thought I was dead until I heard the sound of monitors beside me.

I looked around the room and saw my mom sitting with her head down in one corner. I rolled my eyes when I saw my siblings.

My sister was on my right and my brother was on my left. Both of them looked as if their heads were going to fall off.

I shook my head at the two of them when I saw them barely awake beside me. I cleared my throat to get their attention.

"Look at these two, their big brother gets shot and they wanna take a nap on him" I joked. They whipped their heads at me in shock.

"No no please don't let me disturb you" I said. "Would you like to take my bed too?" I mocked them.

"Even the bullet couldn't manage to take out your sarcasm" Suhana joked. "Oof eh get off" I scolded both of them.

They thought it would be a smart idea to jump and hug me tightly. "Get off him idiots" My dad scolded them.

I felt so guilty when I saw my mom's puffy red eyes. I didn't want to believe I was the reason for her distress.

"How long has it been?" I asked once everyone got their hugs in. I clung onto Alia a lot longer.

"Two weeks" AbRam said. "What?" I didn't realise it would've been that long. "Dev?" I asked.

"Arrested for sure" My dad assured me and I nodded in relief. I looked over at Alia in concern.

"Don't you dare be worried about me when you're like this" She scolded making me chuckle lightly.

"Nice to see you awake for a change" A doctor walked into the room after Suhana. She went to get him once I had woken up.

"Uh yeah you too" I chuckled. "He has been in charge of your case" My mom told me. The doctor took some tests throughout the day.

"Alright he's good to go" He patted my leg. My family sighed in relief. I could hear the fans outside the hospital.

Our car drove past many reporters and fans when we were entering our bungalow. I looked out and observed all of them.

A part of me was annoyed at how many people there were but mostly I was happy that we were so blessed to have this love.

"Thank God" I said out loud when I walked into my room. I had barely been here even before getting shot.

Alia helped me up and closed the door. I held onto her and finally hugged her properly. "How are you? Did you get hurt?" I asked.

"Don't you dare scold me for being concerned for you" I told her. "Me being shot doesn't suppress what you went through"

She traced her fingers over my t-shirt. "I'm with you. I couldn't be better" She said softly. "This is my fault" I looked at her confused.

"What do you mean?" I asked. I saw tears spill down her cheeks. "If I hadn't run away..." I knew where she was going with this.

"...if you hadn't run away..." I interrupted her before she could say anything else. "...we would've never met..."

I wiped her tears away. "...and I wouldn't have gotten married to such an amazing woman" I smiled at her.

"I'm sorry" I said to her. "I'm sorry I wasn't honest about Ananya" I told her. "I just didn't know how to bring it up" I said.

This was the world's worst apology but I didn't know how else to phrase it. I felt guilty about everything relating to Ananya.

"And I know that's not an excuse but I- I just hope you know-" "Shh" She placed a finger on my lips to shut me up.

"We've been through too much to fight over something so small" She told me. "I shut her off" I said.

"Doesn't matter" She told me. "I wouldn't care either ways I trust you" She said.

"This is your decisions and I'll support it no matter what you choose" I smiled and thanked her.

I leaned down and after what felt like five eternities, I kissed her. Her lips just as soft as the first time we kissed.

She didn't let me pull away. She grabbed my face and pulled me closer to deepen the kiss. I smirked as her tongue slipped in.

"Eager are we?" I chuckled next to her lips. She rolled her eyes. "Shut up idiot" She said before she pulled us back into a kiss.

"Best thing I did was buy you that damn ticket and have a DDLJ moment" She let out a laugh I had been dying to hear for ages.