Chapter 21

Aryan and I finally got married and I still couldn't believe it. After everything that I had been through with him, I could officially call him mine.

I was a little disappointed in Aryan because on our wedding night he got a work call and spent an hour talking on the phone.

I took that time to take off my heavy jewellery and dress. Eventually, since it had been such a tiring day, I fell asleep waiting for him.

We made our way back to Mumbai, a day after the wedding. Their family had a tight schedule and had to get back to work as soon as possible.

I didn't really blame them since I knew this was how it would be to get married into a family like theirs.

They have extremely busy lives and it's honestly commendable how they are able to make time for each other so often.

We reached 'Mannat' in the late afternoon. "Why are there decorations?" I asked as we entered. "For your reception bash" Ma told me.

"Yeap we gotta throw a reception for the celebrities" Suhana added. "It's gonna be really fun and imagine the gifts" AbRam said excitedly making me chuckle.

"It's good thing it's tomorrow night because from Monday I am entirely booked" Aryan pointed out. Today was Saturday which means I only had two days till Aryan is a busy man.

"Honeymoon?" AbRam asked innocently. I swear the little fella is more excited about my wedding than me.

"Not yet buddy" Aryan simply said. I didn't know that. "Come let's go" He said to me and he led me to our room.

We sat in the living room, casually chatting amongst each other after dinner. We had taken some time to freshen up right before dinner.

I heard some noises from outside of the bungalow. I looked towards the window and tried to figure out who was making so much noise.

I looked back at everyone in the house and no one seemed to concerned. I ignored it as well since no one was bothered by it.

"Come you two" Aryan's dad told us. "Where?" We asked confused. "Outside, fans are waiting" He said.

"Oh right let's go" Aryan extended his hand towards me. That's when I realised, all those noises are fans.

I took his hand reluctantly because I didn't know how it was going to feel, presenting myself in front of all these people.

Aryan led me to the ever famous balcony with his family behind. My jaw dropped in shock when I saw the amount of people gathered outside.

"What the?" I mumbled. "Yeah this is on short notice" Aryan whispered as he waved to the fans. My jaw reminded dropped.

I turned to Aryan when he said that. He continued to wave to the fans when  he glanced at me. "Babe wave" He snapped me out of my daze.

"Wave really?" I asked unsure. "Yes they're going to think you're rude and have an attitude" He simply said.

Are they really going to think that? I didn't want to take any chances so I started waving. "Not too much" He said.

"What?" I was confused from the instructions he was giving. "They're going to think you're extra" He whispered. I waved softly.

"Who the fuck is they?" I whispered to him softly. "Media, paps, random strangers online" He slowly started listing out.

"Are they really that important?" I asked. "When you're in the headlines the following day because of them, then they are" He explained.

"Is it–" Aryan cut me off. "Save some questions for later would you?" I could feel the irritation in Aryan's voice.

I bombarded him with too many questions at once. I felt a sense of pretence in his interaction with me in front of everyone.

Aryan with me is also affectionate but it feels genuine but here it felt different. "Alright that's enough" Aryan told his dad.

In mere minutes, we were back inside while his dad stayed out a little longer with the fans. There was something different when Aryan was in front of cameras.

"Okay before you guys go up we have to do one small thing" Suhana said. She brought a bowl of water that was covered with rose petals.

"Gimme your rings" She said. We took off the rings we exchanged during our wedding. She plopped them into the bowl.

I smiled at how she was preparing for a cute ritual. "What are you doing didi?" AbRam asked curiously.

"It's a ritual bud" Suhana simply said. She brought Aryan and me in front of the cute bowl. "Bhaiyya and Alia are going to dip their hands in and try to find each other's rings" She explained.

"What will that do?" The little guy was so confused. "Whoever finds it first, owes the other one a gift" She said.

"It's like a fun game" She finally said which was the only explanation that went through AbRam's head. "Ooh game!" He exclaimed.

"Alright let's start" Ma said. Aryan and I looked at each other before diving our hands into the bowl at the same time.

We searched around relentlessly but neither of us could find them. "It's a small bowl guys" Suhana said.

"It's harder than it looks" I defended us. Everyone laughed at us as we fought a battle against that bowl.

I felt Aryan push a ring towards my finger discreetly. I picked it up and lifted my hand out of the bowl.

"Finally!" Everyone clapped for me. I looked over at Aryan and smiled at his sweet gesture. He just shrugged and smiled innocently.

"Oof bhaiyya hates losing" Suhana said. "That's true Aryan is one competitive guy" Ma pointed out.

I felt really happy hearing them say that because despite his competitive behaviour he let me win. I had to admit that made me feel really special.

Aryan and I exchanged the rings again. "Alright it's really late and we've had a long journey" Ma stopped our chattering.

"Everyone in bed and no 'but's" She said strictly. "Yes ma'am" Everyone immediately cleared out of the living room. Aryan led me into our room.

I honestly didn't know when he arranged for this but our room was decorated in roses and candles. "Surprise" He whispered into my ear.