Chapter 31

{Flashback}

Aryan sat on the hood of his car while he tried smoked his worries away. It clearly wasn't working and he was getting even more frustrated.

His phone buzzed in his pocket, making him smile. He thought Alia was calling to get him back home.

He rushed to take his phone out but his smile dropped when instead of Alia's name, Ananya's name popped up on the screen.

Aryan looked at the time at the top of the screen then looked back down on the name. "At this hour?" He asked himself.

He picked up the call and said, "Hey" He panicked a little when he heard light sobs from the other side of the phone.

"Ananya?" He asked in concern. "What's wrong? Are you okay? What happened" He asked her a string of questions hoping he could understand what was going on.

"I-I-need to-talk to you" She tried to say. "Sure I'm listening" He said immediately. "Not like this" She told him.

"Please come over" Aryan pondered over her request. He didn't know how to respond or what to do.

Alia and him just had a fight about Ananya and even if they didn't he shouldn't go to his ex girlfriend's house alone at this hour.

"Annie um I don't know if I can come right now" I told her. "Aryan–" She was still crying over the phone.

"Please I need you" Her voice cracked as she spoke, making Aryan feel guilty. "But–" She stopped him.

"Shanaya isn't in town and Suhana isn't picking up" She told him. He knew Suhana was already sleeping because he walked past her room.

"Okay I'm coming" He finally said before he hung up. Aryan took a deep breath before he pushed himself off the hood.

He drove to Ananya's house and texted her. "Thank you for coming" Her voice was now calm and firm.

"Yeah sure but I can't stay too long" She frowned but agreed. "Come in" She offered. Aryan shook his head.

"No let's just talk out here please" He said awkwardly. Ananya looked at him strangely but agreed.

They walked together towards his car and leaned against the hood. "What happened?" He asked softly.

Ananya took a deep breath. "Same story as the other night I called you" Aryan recalled the call he got on his wedding night.

His mind immediately remembered his fight with Alia about the call. "I just don't know what to do Aryan" She said helplessly.

"Ananya the advice I gave you last time is still what I'm going to tell you tonight" Aryan said bluntly.

"If you're not going to listen then..." Ananya looked to the ground. "Where do you even find these idiots" Aryan said annoyed.

"Not everyone can be like you" She said softly. "And yet you left me" He replied immediately.

She didn't meet his eyes. "Are you going to be okay?" He asked. "Yes" She choked out though she wasn't too sure about that.

"Then I have to go" He got away from the hood of the car and started to walk away. Ananya grabbed his arm and stopped him.

She got close to him and wrapped her arms around him. "Ananya" Aryan called out. His hands to the his sides refusing to hug back.

"My wife is waiting for me" He told her before lightly moving her away from him. "When did you two even date?"

She asked him as he moved to the driver's seat. "I still can't believe you're married" He sat down in his car but his window was rolled down.

"Aryan I respect your marriage but you and I used to perfectly fine with our friendship even after our breakup" She said.

"Now what happened?" He sighed. "Look she doesn't know that we used to date and us being this close is just weird" He explained.

"Right okay" She said disappointed. "I thought our friendship was better than that but if that's what you want" She turned around.

"Stop" She turned back around. "Nothing has to change" Ananya looked on.

"I'm sure Alia will understand once I tell her just give me some time" He said.

She nodded and walked back into her house. Aryan drove back to his house and entered his room.

He tried to keep it down since Alia was already asleep. He carefully closed the door and mentally shouted when it creaked.

He knew he couldn't explain the whole Ananya situation for a few days because he needed to wait for hell to cool down.

Unfortunately, the days kept increasing and Alia's birthday rolled up. Aryan couldn't bring up the topic.

Ananya assumed that Aryan must've told her by now and acted like she always does around him but clearly she was wrong.

{End of flashback}

Aryan sat in one of the balconies and looked towards the beach. His mind had been replaying the nights before Alia's birthday.

It had been three days since the incident in 'Mannat'. The tension was high and everyone couldn't concentrate on any of their work.

"Bhaiyya" Aryan tilted his head slightly but didn't turn around when he heard AbRam. "Hm?" He asked simply.

"Sanjay officer is here" He told him. "Alright I'm coming" He said. He made his way downstairs to where his entire family was.

He gave Sanjay a small smile before he sat on the sofa opposite him. "We completed all the suspects in our chart and–" Aryan cut him off.

"You still haven't found anything at all" He interrupted Sanjay's sentence. "Aryan we're trying" He told him.

"Not hard enough" Aryan mumbled. "Aryan" Shah Rukh Khan stopped his son. He turned to Sanjay and asked him to continue.

"If there is anyone else in your suspects" He said. Aryan thought for a moment and then blurted out.

"Her parents" He caught everyone's attention. Everyone looked at him strangely. "We didn't get anything when we questioned her parents" Snajay informed him.

"Did you they used to beat her up?" He asked. Everyone including his own family was shocked. No one knew this besides Aryan.

"What?!" His mom exclaimed. He nodded at his mom. "Beat her, lock her up, force her to marry TWICE" He told them.

"I didn't think they would do anything to her not but you know what they have no humanity" He said.

"I am sure that they have something to do with this" He told them boldly. "They are my suspects" Sanjay nodded.