Chapter 35

Third Person POV:

Sanjay sat on his desk as he watched his officers land another slap onto Vinod. They had brought him to the station about fifteen minutes ago.

Vinod had refused to say anything about Dev and he made sure to stick to his story but Sanjay knew how to get a confession out of him.

"Okay okay stop STOP!" The officer's hand stopped midair when he heard Vinod shout. "I-stop-I wil- I will tell you everything" He stammered out.

"Finally" Sanjay sighed. "Now spill" He demanded. Vinod gulped and choked away his tears before telling the officers.

"Dev sir didn't tell me any details-Wait!" The officer was about to slap him again for saying he doesn't know anything.

Sanjay gestured to his officers to stop and back away. "I really don't know where he is because he never told me" He said.

"But every week he calls me on Saturday at the same time from a new phone number he got for himself" Vinod explained.

"Maybe that can help" He told them. "I really don't know anything else sir didn't tell me please let me go" Vinod pleaded.

Sanjay looked at the clock. "What time does he call?" He asked. "Three" Vinod told him. "Two hours" Sanjay pointed out.

"I want everyone to be ready" He got the attention of all of his officers. "We track the number as soon as he calls Vinod" He said.

"I want all equipment ready and all cars fuelled up" He instructed. "We are bringing Alia to her home tonight" He said firmly.

Everyone nodded and did as instructed. "And bring him inside" He pointed at Vinod. "Sir please I didn't do anything" Vinod shouted.

Two officers dragged him to his cell and locked him in again. Sanjay called Aryan and informed him of what they had learnt.

Aryan's POV:

My dad and I walked into the police station which had become our most visited place in the past few days.

We were in the station more than we were at home. We knew our way around as if we basically lived there.

"We're getting ready" Sanjay informed us. We quickly walked to the tracing station and stood next to Sanjay.

I looked at the clock. It was now 3:01pm and everyone was staring at Vinod's phone to ring. I jumped a little when I heard the ringtone.

Vinod quickly picked up the call. "Hello sir" I could tell he was trying to keep his voice calm. "Yes sir everything is fine" He told Dev.

Sanjay gestured for him to carry on with the call. The call wasn't long enough to trace the location and Dev seemed to be ending the conversation.

"Sir there was a small problem" Vinod told him. "What? What problem?" We could hear the panic in Dev's voice.

"The police came to question me again" Vinod told him. "I didn't say anything just like you asked" He lied.

Sanjay nodded at Vinod's attempt to carry the conversation. "But I thought you should know" He told Dev.

"Is there anything you want me to do?" He asked to keep Dev busy on the call. Sanjay gave a thumbs up once he got the location.

"No just stay low" Dev instructed. "Okay sir bye" Vinod said. As soon as he hung up, all the officers ran to their cars.

No matter how much I wanted to run to my car and follow them, I knew I couldn't. I would get in the way and that might hurt Alia.

Third Person's POV:

The officers drove at full speed to the location. They made sure to turn off their sirens when they came near to the area.

"Stay low and spread out" Sanjay instructed. All of his officers made sure to surround the entire house.

"He has to be here" Sanjay whispered. He looked at his device again and checked if it's the correct house.

"Move in" Sanjay instructed his officers. One of them kicked down the door and they spread inside the house.

They heard a scream from upstairs and whipped their heads upwards. They immediately ran up towards the sound.

Alia's POV:

I came into my senses and I looked around and realised this was a different room than the one before.

I saw a man sitting in the corner with his back to me. I could tell from his figure that he was the man from earlier today; my kidnapper.

"Who are you?" I asked firmly. "Shut up" He told me. "Who. Are. You." I walked closer to him with each word.

"I am the guy you ran away from" He told me. I scoffed. "I run away from a lot of people trust me" I told him.

"I know I'm one of them" He said. I still couldn't see his face. "You kidnapped me, of course I tried to run away from you" I said.

"No sweetheart" He simply said. He rose from his chair. The sound of the chair screeching against the floor filling the room:

"I was the one you originally ran away from" He finally turned around. I was convinced I had seen that face before.

"I know you" I said softly. He laughed and that made me shudder. "You don't remember me?" He asked mockingly.

"Your would-be husband, Dev" He said with a laugh. "Or you have to many would-be husbands to remember which one" He said.

I gasped when he told me his name. I instantly remembered him. I backed away. One step back at a time.

"You left me humiliated" He spat. "Do you know how that feels!" He shouted. I flinched at his raised voice.

"I-I'm so sorry" I choked out. He was getting closer to me and I didn't know what to do. My back soon came into contact with the cold wall.

He reached out and grabbed my hair. "SORRY?" He screamed. He pulled my hair tighter and I screamed as loud as I could.

I hoped someone would hear me and someone did because we heard footsteps running towards our door.