Chapter 17

Alia's POV:

I had said my goodbyes to Aryan at the house itself. I didn't want to part with him again but he explained to me that it was necessary.

I knew he would come get me and wouldn't leave me all alone. Aryan's men were bringing me to the meetup location for the 'exchange'.

Their faces were covered for a moment I believed I was actually kidnapped. We waited in the car for someone from my dad's side to come.

A car pulled up to the location and stopped in front of ours. My brother stepped out of the car and stood in front of us.

"Ma'am agar dard ho toh maaf karna" [Ma'am if you get hurt please forgive us] The guard next to me said. I smiled softly and nodded.

He pulled me out of the car roughly and brought me in front of my brother. I made sure to wear my dress back to make it look like I was in these clothes for days.

"Paisa?" [Money] Aryan's man said. My brother nodded and gestured to his own men. He threw the bag onto the ground in front of us.

Aryan's guard who was holding me threw me towards my brother. He caught me carefully and placed his arm around me.

"You okay di [sis]?" He asked. For the first time in days I actually saw concern in his eyes. I simply nodded at him.

Aryan's men had picked up the bag and sat in their cars by now. As they drove away my brother asked, "who were they?"

I shrugged and shook my head. "I don't know. Take me home please" He brought me to the car and we drove away.

I was back in the one place I keep running away from, my father's bungalow. My family didn't lock me up anymore.

My dad was softer and my brother was back to normal. All of them truly believed that I was kidnapped.

They thought I was cooperating perfectly with the wedding and had nothing to do with the kidnapping incident.

My mother, however, was still rude towards me. Every time she spoke to me, there was a hint of rage. She did not leave a single chance to taunt me.

We were sat at the dinner table, eating peacefully. I played around with the food on my plate, unable to eat.

I missed Aryan too much. I wanted to see him and leap into his arms again. I was able to convince my dad to get me a new phone since I lost mine.

I couldn't wait to finish dinner and talk to Aryan all night. My father must've noticed my focus was elsewhere and I wasn't eating my food.

"Alia?" He called for me softly. "What happened?" I shook my head. "Don't feel like eating this? Want some pizza?"

I wanted to throw up at my dad's sudden change.
Before I could say anything my mom interjected our conversation.

"Oh yes sure buy her a pizza, get her everything in the world. Spend all of your money on her" She taunted.

"We've already arranged for two weddings for her and she's ruined both" Her glare pierced through my soul.

"I'm just not that hungry papa" I decided to switch my focus from my mom to my dad. "Well okay then why don't you go rest" I smiled and thanked him.

I ran up the stairs to get away from all of them as quickly as I could. I shut the door and leapt onto the bed.

I scrolled through the phone and clicked on Aryan's name. I excitedly moved my legs as I laid on my stomach hearing the ring through the phone.

"Hi baby" I almost choked on my saliva when I heard his voice. It was deeper and raspier than his usual tone.

"Sorry I was sleeping were you calling for long?" I had to hold back a moan from just listening to his voice.

Is this how his morning voice sounded like? Fuck I could get used to that. I couldn't imagine waking up to that every morning.

I talked to Aryan for some time before I let him go back to sleep. He seemed really tired and I knew he was stressed from his shooting.

It had been about two weeks since I came back to my house. I dreaded everyday and had to keep up a fake smile but today it ended.

I was extremely excited today because Aryan was going to come over with his family to ask for my hand in marriage.

I was over the moon but I couldn't let anyone in my house figure that out. I was sat in the living room when the doorbell rang.

I had to contain myself so I don't give myself away. I sat up properly expecting Aryan and his family to be at the doorstep.

Instead of them, there was another family whom I didn't recognize. "This is our daughter Alia" My parents introduced me to the strangers.

Yet another proposal. When will this end? They stayed at our house for about an hour before leaving.

"What do you think?" She asked my dad straight away as soon as the door shut. She didn't even bother about my opinion as usual.

"I told you no more proposals for a while. Why can't you ever listen to me?" My dad scolded my mom. I didn't know he told her that.

In the midst of my parents arguing the doorbell rang again. My brother went to open it and I secretly smiled when I saw Aryan with his family.

"Kaun hai beta?" [Who is it son] My dad asked. "uh papa Shah Rukh Khan" My brother replied, extremely confused. I had to hold back a laugh.

It took my parents a few minutes to register what was going on. Suhana leapt into my arms and hugged me.

"I've missed you" She whispered. "Me too" I squeezed her hand. My family was confused by our interaction.

"Our kids met in Manali if I'm not mistaken" Aryan's father said. "Our kids told us they met on a hiking trip" His mom added.

"Yeap" Suhana supported. My parents went along with it since they couldn't possibly say 'no our daughter ran away that's how they met'.

Our families chatted for a bit when SRK decided to pop the question. I pretended to be shocked and gasped.

In reality the gasp was real because I couldn't believe this was happening. Aryan smirked at me and secretly winked.

My mother started to raise doubts and hesitate. Before she could say anything Aryan's mom asked someone to bring in the gifts.

My mother switched her mood quickly as soon as she saw loads of gifts being piled up onto the table.

That greedy woman didn't take up any more time to say yes. My dad agreed as well and Suhana hugged me tightly.

Aryan's mom walked up to me and kissed me on the forehead and said, "Welcome to the family sweetheart"