Chapter 14

Aryan's POV:

I leaned against my car door and lit up a cigarette.   As I took a puff from my cigarette, I observed the small bungalow in front of me.

My team managed to track down the address of Jai Mehta. My team informed me that Jai Mehta was the man Alia's parents were forcing her to marry.

When my father's manager found out Alia's address, she also managed to find out there was a wedding.

I knew it had to be Alia's wedding and I definitely knew it was against her will. That is why I sent out my team to find the lucky groom.

Now, I stood in front of his bungalow, waiting patiently to give my blessings to the newly appointed groom.

"Saab?" [Sir] I rolled my eyes. "Kitni baar bola hai saab mat bola karo" [How many times have I told you not to call me sir]

I always got annoyed at my team when they address me like that. "Aryan" I nodded when he said my name instead.

"Plan kya hai?" [What's the plan] He asked. "Ladke ko darrana hai" [Scare him] I simply said. "Maar kar?" [By hitting him] I snorted.

"Nahi [No] idiot"I scolded. "Bas tum sath kharay rehna baki mein samhal loon ga" [Just stand with me. I'll handle the rest] I instructed him.

Another one of my men spoke up behind me "Saa–" [Si–] I whipped my head towards him and he immediately shut up.

I stared at him with my jaw clenched causing him to clear his throat. "Mera matlab hai Aryan" [I mean Aryan] He said softly.

I nodded and turned back. "Hum yeh kyun kar rahe hain?" [Why are we doing this] He asked. "Ladki bhagani hai" I said as I took another puff.

We waited for a while before two of my men brought Jai to me. He already looked scared. This was going to be easy.

I kept my stance and stayed leaned against my car. "They say you're Alia's friend?" He asked. I nodded and said, "Yes I am"

I put out the cigarette and threw it away. "You're getting married to her tomorrow night" I stated. He looked around and I watched him get tense.

It was currently three in the morning and we were standing under the street light. "Yes I am" I noticed a hint of annoyance when he said that.

I decided to pick on that. "You don't seem happy" I pried. "I- who are you?" He stopped himself and changed the topic. "Aryan Khan" I told him.

"Now let me ask you, why are you getting married to Alia?" I needed to know his motive. I needed to know whether he'll be working with me or I have to get him out of my way.

"What do you mean why?" He asked. "Why do you think one gets married? For fun?" He joked and I entertained him with a light chuckle.

"Many reasons for marriage" I started. "One could marry for love, for family, for money, out of force who knows" He listened to me carefully.

"Alia is very dear to me" I pushed myself away from my car and took long strides towards him. "I need to know why you're marrying her"