Chapter 27

Third Person POV:

The Khan family had a just gone through a disturbing night in their house.

Their daughter-in-law had been kidnapped by a stranger from their own home.

They've tried to keep this as low-key as they can so that the media and fans don't interrupt the investigation.

The question wasn't how long can they keep this a secret. It was how long do they have to?

All of the members of 'Mannat' sat quietly in their main living room. None of them had spoken a word to each other the whole night.

Aryan especially was numb by the entire situation. He sat on the floor with his back against the sofa.

His had one knee propped up that his hands clung onto. He looked into an empty space as he remembered his wife.

His mind wandered back to the time of their fight a few days back.

{Flashback}

Alia looked at him dead in the eye. "Did you or did you not get a call from Ananya on our wedding night?" She asked him.

He looked at her dead in the eye for a moment. "Yes I did" He said. Alia shut her eyes the second she heard that 'yes'

"Why did you lie to me?" She asked angrily. "I didn't" He simply said. "I did get a work call" Alia scoffed.

"Ananya called after it" He said through gritted teeth. He was getting really annoyed at her accusations.

"So I married a man who would talk to another girl on our wedding night" She said loudly.

"No you married a man who wouldn't shut down a friend who calls him crying for help" He fired back.

Alia rolled her eyes and looked away. She shook her head constantly as he tried to talk to her. "Alia she didn't know it was our weddi–"

"Just cut the crap I don't want to talk to you" She snapped at him. Aryan took a deep breath.

"Fine when you come to your senses then talk to me with some maturity" He said before walking out of the room.

Aryan walked angrily out of the front door and didn't look back. He was fuming with anger when he got into the front seat of his car.

He drove out of his bungalow in full speed but he had no idea where he was going. He drove around like a maniac.

He finally opted for a hillside where he parked the car near to the edge. He got out of his seat and hopped onto the hood of the car.

Stuffing his hand in his pocket he took out a pack of cigarettes and his favourite lighter. He was in dire need of a smoke.

Nothing was going right in his life the past few weeks. Everything was in a mess and he was slowly losing control over his life.

He lit up a cigarette and let out the smoke. He thought about the past few weeks. His workload was insane.

The scenes were not being depicted the way he had wanted, the sets were being made too slowly.

The script from his other project was taking too long. He was having major writers block and he couldn't type out a single good dialogue.

On top of that, the media still hadn't loosened their grip on his whole marriage.

He had told Alia to not look at any media comments but he couldn't help himself.

It infuriated him when he read the crap they were throwing at his wife.

He tried his best to keep Alia away from the limelight and jump right back to work so he can override the gossip with his movies.

He wasn't able to explain to Alia the politics behind being a wife of a celebrity. Due to this she felt so neglected by him.

She felt he was distant from her because of Ananya which wasn't true.

As Aryan lit up his third cigarette of the night he remembered his wedding night.

{End of flashback}

"Aryan" He was shaken out of his thoughts by his mother. "Everyone is here" She told him. Aryan looked around to see his in-laws were here.

The police stood in the room as well waiting for Aryan. He slowly pushed himself up from the floor.

He hadn't eaten anything since last night nor had he taken a sip of water. His mind was a mess and his body was weak.

He walked over to greet his in-laws who consoled him. Sanjay spoke up. "Have you complied the list of your employees?" He asked my dad.

"Yes of course this list specifies our regulars and the extra help we hired for last night" He told them as his manager handed them the list.

"I would also like to–" He was interrupted by the sobs of Alia's father. Aryan placed his hand on his shoulder for comfort.

"I can't believe this is happening again" He sobbed. This caught the attention of the police officers. "Again?" Sanjay asked.

"Before Aryan and his family came for Alia's proposal she was getting married to someone else" He told the police. "Who?" Sanjay asked.

"The son of a close friend of mine" He told him. "The night of the wedding..." Alia's dad started.
"...Alia was taken from her room" He told them.

He continued to tell them the entire story. He told them in detail about the night that technically Aryan had kidnapped Alia.

"The groom side called of the wedding because they thought she ran away why?" Sanjay asked confused.

"Because she ran away from her first wedding" Her brother told them. "Where she met Aryan" He informed them.

Sanjay took a deep breath and tried to consolidate everything he had just learnt.

"Thank you for telling us this may have opened up a few suspects" He said.

"As I was saying before I would like to ask a few questions to all of the family members" He told them.

"Separately of course" He added. "Do we have to go the the police station" AbRam asked innocently.

The family had completely forgotten that he was here in the midst of all the chaos and tension.

"Oh no no we can do it right here" Sanjay assured
him. "If you don't mind of course" He asked Aryan's parents.

They shook their heads. "Of course not" They said together. "Okay let the questions begin" Sanjay said loudly.