Chapter 8

"I think I should go" I mumbled

"I think I should go" I mumbled. "Itna bhi bura nahi hoon" [I'm not that bad] I rolled my eyes. "Aryan I'm serious"

My voice echoed in the dark street. I covered my mouth with my hands. "Oops" I whispered. Aryan shook his head, "You're an idiot"

Aryan and I were taking a walk near our house. It had become sort of a routine for the two of us. "Aryan" I called out but he ignored.

I knew he was doing that on purpose. "Aryan I have to go" I told him. He looked at me, "Acha toh mujhe chor ke ja rahi ho?" [So you're leaving me]

I sighed thinking it will be hard to explain to him. I looked at him in confusion when he burst out laughing. "What?" I asked him.

"Of course you have to leave dummy I know that" I would be lying if that didn't hurt me. I didn't think Aryan would want me to leave.

"Alia even if you don't leave, I have too" He explained. "I'm only here for a holiday remember?" Reality hit me.

I had been having so much fun forgetting my world, I forgot Aryan has his own world. "I have to go back and start my shooting, Suhana has her own film to do"

I forgot momentarily that these people have a life away from here. "Baba called" He said. "We're suppose to come back soon" He didn't look at me.

I asked him, "How soon?" He stopped and turned to me, "He asked us to leave tomorrow" I tried not to show my disappointment but it didn't work.

"You can come with us, we'll take care of you" I smiled softly. I moved forward, "When I come with you and your parents ask me who I am to you, what will you say?"

I saw him hesitate. "Uhm I'll say you're our friend and Suhana loves you" I just smiled and moved away. "Yeah Suhana loves me" I repeated.

I knew Aryan was aware of what I meant. His choice of not answering properly told me everything I needed to know. "Last night huh?"

I hugged the hoodie Aryan let me borrow tightly. "Alia" He whispered. I shut my eyes and lowered my head.

I felt his hand on my cheek and he tilted my head up. His lips fell onto mine softly, capturing every inch of my mouth.

He pulled away and my eyes slowly opened. "Aryan–oh" Our heads turned when we heard Nirvaan voice.

"Uhm your dad has been calling" Aryan nodded and started walking back to the house. I slowly walked behind them, wondering what just happened.

"Hey finally okay so what's the plan?" I looked at Suhana in confusion. "You know unless you want to rent our cabin for the rest of the year"  I finally understood what she meant.

"I just need to get to New York" Ibrahim sat next to us, "What's in New York?" He asked. "My cousin lives there" I told them.

Suhana looked at me with concern, "Your cousin won't snitch?" I shook my head, "Nope. She hasn't talk to anyone in our family besides me for years" They nodded.

"Alright that was Baba he said to return by flight" I guess their parents don't want them traveling by train again. "Bhai can you book Alia's flight to New York?" Suhana asked Aryan.

I needed one them to help me considering I didn't have any of my cards. "Sure" I was surprised Aryan didn't ask any questions about why I wanted to go to New York.

"Everyone pack" He simply said before walking into his room. "What's with him?" Ibrahim asked. I just shrugged because I didn't know.

Thankfully I was able to make a new passport a few days ago and it just arrived. I was slowly starting to get everything in order for a couple of days.

Ever since we were found at the restaurant, I knew I needed to leave as soon as possible. Mostly because I didn't want Aryan or any of the rest to get hurt because of me.

I even bought a new phone, well they bought it for me. Suhana yawned, "Aight imma sleep, you coming?" I got up from the sofa we were sat on for the past three hours.

Suhana and I talked nonstop but she had an early flight and I didn't want to keep her up. I was really going to miss our conversations.

The next morning, I heard everyone running around trying to get everything in order. I quickly freshened up and went downstairs.

"Finally" Nirvaan said. "Nahi nahi humaray jaane ke baad uth jati" [No no should've woken up after we left] I rolled my eyes at Ibrahim. "Okay let's go" Suhana said.

I followed them outside and saw their cars. I looked around in search for Aryan but couldn't spot him. "Take care Alia" Nirvaan hugged me.

"You too" I said. "Alright come here" I giggled before jumping onto Ibrahim and hugged him. "BYEEE" I spun me around before setting me down.

"Hey me too" Suhana hugged me so tightly, I couldn't breathe. "I'll miss you" I didn't want her to leave but I couldn't stop her nor could I go with her and be a burden.

"Where's Aryan?" I asked. "Bhai's already at the airport" My smile dropped, "What why?" Nirvaan told me, "He left early to make sure everything was in order"

I didn't understand. "Huh?" Ibrahim nodded, "Yeah we didn't get it either but Aryan is always like that" I couldn't believe Aryan left without saying goodbye.

"He said he said goodbye last night during the walk" I looked at Suhana with disbelief. So that was a goodbye kiss, nothing else.

"Why do you look so sad?" She asked worriedly. "Did you and Aryan–" Nirvaan started to ask. "No no" I interrupted him.

"He was supposed to book my flight" I tried to cover up. "Oh right!" Suhana searched in her bag. "Here! Bhai told me to give this to you"

She handed me a print out for New York's ticket. "Thanks" I forced a smile. I hugged everyone once more before they left.

I went inside their cabin which they allowed to stay in till my flight which was tomorrow. I sat on the sofa alone in the empty cabin wondering why Aryan did this to me.

I was still wearing his hoodie from last night that he never took back. The long sleeves hung from my hands.

I brought them to my nose and took in his fragrance. It reminded me of every memory I had with Aryan. A little part of me thought maybe Aryan will surprise me.

Maybe he will knock on the door and say, 'Thought I would leave without saying goodbye?' Just when that thought came across my mind, there was a knock on the door.

I jumped, immediately thinking it was Aryan who was just playing a prank on me. I straightened myself out and went to the door.

As I opened the door slowly I said, "Mujhe pata tha ais–" My words were left stuck in my throat. I moved a few steps back and gulped hard. "Papa" I choked out.