Chapter 32

Aryan's POV:

Sanjay rounded up Alia's entire family and brought them to Mumbai. Papa and I requested to be in the room with them.

"Did you find my daughter" I wanted to throw up when I saw her mother faking concern after what she has done to her.

"No that's why you're here" Sanjay said sternly. Papa and I sat in another room watching the entire interrogation.

"Where were you on the night of Alia's party?" Sanjay asked her parents and brother. "We were at a family friend's house" They replied.

"Any proof?" He asked. They showed them something on Rohan's phone which we couldn't see but I saw Sanjay nodding.

"We need your phone records just in case" Sanjay mentioned. His officer immediately rushed out with their phones.

"Why are you blaming us?" Her dad asked. "Why would we kidnap our own daughter" Her mom added.

"Maybe the same reason you beat her up constantly and forced her to marry twice" Sanjay said boldly.

I could see all three of them tense up when he mentioned that. "How–what do you mean?" Her mom asked innocently.

"Hm call her in" Sanjay said. We looked to our right left and saw the girl standing next to our door exit.

She walked over to the other room and entered. Alia's family looked at each other in shock when they saw her.

The girl was actually one of the people who worked at Alia's parent's house as a staff member.

She has definitely seen everything that has happened in the house, including the family's behaviour towards Alia.

"They used to beat her up and drag her around the house" She said. "Especially her" She pointed at Alia's mom.

She continued to tell them everything and I smiled at Sanjay's intelligence. He decided to bring her in a day before Alia's family.

"You may go" The girl timidly left the room. We promised to provide her with a job at our house because we didn't trust my in-laws.

"Sir" His officer walked in and handed him a piece of paper. Sanjay looked at it without an expression.

"Hm okay your location supports your statement" I shut my eyes when he said that, knowing this is another dead end.

"You may go but don't leave the country and I may call you back for more questions" Her family got up and started to leave.

"Sir" The mom said. "I did everything for my family's reputation" She told him. "Anyone would do anything to save their reputation"

I couldn't believe she was trying to justify herself. "Even sacrifice your own children" Sanjay said angrily.

Papa and I walked into Sanjay's room as soon as they left. "Sorry I really thought it might be them" I told him.

"No no that was a good suspect" He said. "And we got something out of it" He told us. "Really? What?" Papa asked.

We both had thought this was a dead end so we were eager to hear what Sanjay had to say. He asked us to sit.

"They talked about reputation right?" We nodded. "She was technically right" He simply told us.

"People will do anything for their reputation" We looked on as he continued. "Especially if someone ruins our reputation" He explained.

"So?" I asked confused. "So who else was affected by the cancelled weddings?" He asked rhetorically.

"The groom sides" Papa spoke up. Realisation hit me immediately. "We have to get both of their families" I told him.

Sanjay nodded. "Exactly" He told us. Sanjay immediately got to work with his officers. "Don't worry this will work" Papa consoled.

By the next day, they were able to round up both families. "I can vouch for Jai he couldn't have done this" I told Sanjay.

He nodded but still said, "Just to be sure we'll stick check him out" I wasn't ready for any mistakes so I agreed on his suggestion.

Papa and I waited in the same room as before. The two-way mirror allowed us to view the entire interrogation room.

Jai and his family were being questioned but we could tell we had nothing on them. I had my doubts on the first groom's family.

The second ones seemed as if they weren't too affected by it. They also were involved in a small wedding that mostly had Alia's side.

Sanjay cleared them out and asked them to leave. I watched him sigh and shake his head while he waited for the next family to walk in.

The parents and a girl walked into Sanjay's room. Papa and I exchanged a look when we didn't see the groom.

"Where's the guy?" I asked. "No idea" Papa replied. "Where is your son?" We heard Sanjay ask the family.

"He's on a business trip" They told him. "Hm convenient" Sanjay said. "Don't try to accuse us that wretched girl probably ran off again"

The mother of the family was really starting to irritate me. It took all of my energy not to go over there and scream at her.

"She ran away shamelessly in front of everyone" She complained. "Left my son all alone" I rolled my eyes at her drama.

"I heard in the second one she was kidnapped but they so easily brought her back" She pointed out.

"I bet she ran away then too" She told Sanjay who already knew I did the kidnapping. "This kidnapping is planning" She said.

"I bet her parents wanted to rid off her and finally the third time they were able to marry her off" She continued.

"But she probably wanted to run off to her lover" She told them. "And faked her kidnapping which I know is the second time"

"If the kidnapping was fake last time why did she come back?" Sanjay asked. "I don't know she's psycho" The woman replied.

"Then you should be grateful the wedding didn't take place" Sanjay said. "Believe me I most certainly am" She leaned back.

Sanjay questioned them for a good twenty minutes but they had an alibi for every single detail which almost seemed planned.

"Tell your son I'll see him soon" Sanjay said as the family left the room. I noticed how scared the girl was while they were walking out.

"Sir according to his cell phone location, Dev is in Pune" Sanjay's officer informed him. "Pune?"Sanjay asked to confirm.

"Yes sir his family was telling the truth about his location" His officer confirmed. "I see" Sanjay said.

"Well if he can't come here" He picked up his jacket. "We can go to him" He told all of us. He nodded at us before he walked out.