[52] Addition Of Another Misfit

• June 05, 2017 •

[ Aviana <•> Zachary ]

Z: where are you?

Z: I've been looking all over the house and there's no sign of you anywhere.

Z: are you out with Connor and the rest of our friends?

Z: hey...

Z: why are you ignoring me!!!

A: ...

A: for the love of God, Zach... 

A: stop

A: texting

A: me

Z: ...

Z: BUT WHY?

A: ...

Z: I don't recall anything I could have done to upset you, why should I not text you then?

A: because I'm at work, you idiot!

Z: ...

A: did you forget already that I got a job and had to start from today?

Z: oh...

A: some people do have responsibilities, unlike you wannabe marathon runner who does nothing but run away...

Z: ...

A: ...

Z: ...

A: oh shit, didn't mean it like that.

A: I'll talk to you later.

Z: I did forget tho...

Z: you must be busy.

A: yeah so stop texting for now, I'll call you back.

Z: okay.

***

Calling...

Zach

00:00

"You need to do something about your memory or at this rate you will even forget I exist."

"Oh come on, I can never forget that."

"How so certain?"

"Can anyone possibly forget you, Ava?"

"I get the feeling you'll say something right after to make this statement sound less sweet any moment now."

"You screech like a bellbird reminding us of your existence every morning. It's impossible not to be familiar with our wake up call and forget its existence."

"..."

"In case you don't know what a bellbird-"

"I don't need a National Geography documentary lesson all over again. You told me what the bellbird is earlier too. I know it screeches. I don't screech. And its name is white bellbird, in case you forgot this too, I'm not white either. So your comparison fails fair and square."

"..."

"What? Cat got your tongue, Mister Know-It-All? Or are you thinking of a better comeback but failing as usual?"