Night Festival

I inspected the dragon who was the daughter of my enemy and one I call grandma. She was pretty cute to be honest but then suddenly she bit my arm and a tattoo was formed.

"Mama" A girl's voice rang inside my head

I looked around but found no one.

"Mama" The voice said again and I looked at the new born dragon

Was that her? 

"I'm a boy at least call me Papa" I replied 

"Papa" She squealed and snuggled into my neck

"Sylvie, you're name is Sylvie" I said as I pat her head

I got up and returned to my room with Sylvie sleeping on my shoulder and when I got there She laid down on top of the bed and immediately slept. I sighed and entered the bathroom to take a shower and change into more comfortable clothes to sleep in.

After the shower I looked into my core and I was surprised I was finally at solid yellow but I'll need something to hide my core, maybe Gramps would have something for that. I started to channel aether inside me as I felt my numb bones getting better and relaxed, being half dragon I have super regeneration but it will work more efficient when I absorb aether.

I got out to the balcony and looked up to the sky to see the stars shine bright and the moon radiating it's light, the calm and cool wind breeze that hit my body. I closed my eyes to enjoy the feeling and my mind wandered to how lonely I felt, I wished I have someone to talk to, someone who understands me. I sighed and walked back inside to meditate.

I started channeling aether inside my body so my body could get used to aether. Aether was weird with me unlike how Sylvia taught me, Aether acted different around me. She said that aether could never be manipulated and controled yet I can augment my body with aether. Was this because of my reincarnation? I had a crazy idea but I would need to find a closed off area because if awakening a mana core caused that damage, what would happen if I were to form an aether core? How bad would the damage be?

I need to get stronger, Sylvia warned me one day the dragons would come for Sylvie and I need to hide her, so she would never meet her Kezess. I will not sit down doing nothing if Kezess tries to make Sylvie into a weapon, a tool. No I will fight, I will grow. I experimented on burst step because I see flaws in the technique so I have been perfecting it for a year. And finally I realize it, burst step wasn't made to be used with mana, it was meant to be used with aether. The aether channels I could see them, each branch takes me to a different place. It was basically teleportation. 

Suddenly I felt a surge of pain on my spine, I screamed but I was fast enough to make a sound barrier. I woke up feeling numb and sore as I remembered what happened last night. I quickly made an ice mirror and saw it, a rune at the bottom of my spine.

"What the?" I thought before Sylvie call for me 

I came to Sylvie where I saw her sleeping on the bed and I realize she was sleep talking. I sighed and woke her up, but when I got close I realize how smelly she was so I picked her up gently and filled a basin with cold water and threw Sylvie inside. I heard her scream mentally as she tried desperately to leave the basin but I pushed her down and started to wash her with soap.

"Evil papa" She cried out and I chuckled and dried her

"Now now a princess must always be clean" I said in a soothing voice and she snuggled to my lap

"As a fellow hybrid we must look out for each other" I thought in my private mind

"A half-human, half-dragon and a half-dragon, half-vritra things can't possibly get anymore strange" I scoffed and picked her up