Special Chapter: Happy Birthdays

A/N Does not follow the time from the prev chap just thought of doing this as a filler type chapter.

Arthur POV

I was in my training room meditating and training a few aether arts. It's weird how aether acts like mana. I was so confused because Sylvia taught me that aether couldn't be controlled. Why does it act different?

I shaped the aether in my hand and it formed a stick but immediately vanished again. I sighed as I closed my eyes and start to meditate. Aether was flowing inside me, through my veins. Wait. If mana has a mana channel doesn't that mean. I could make aether channels? But I would need a core. What would happen if I connect the aether channels to my mana core? Would that work? 

Hesitation dawned me as I was pondered in what I should do but all the hesitation went away as I remembered Sylvia's advice.

"Be Greedier to learn, to be strong, you have no limits" 

I sat down and started to form the aether channels beside my mana channels. I felt as my body was tearing itself apart and I was slowly losing conscious. I felt as the channels were slowly forming and extending through out my body.

After hours has pass I started to absorb aether and sure enough I could will the aether to move through my aether channels. Suddenly I coughed out blood as I felt my mana core shake. I felt as if my mana core was being dumped in lava as I touched the are where my mana core was placed and it was hot. I fell down on to the floor and pass out.

I opened my eyes to be greeted by a splitting headache as I tried to sit up keyword tried. I fell back down my arms not having any strength. I looked inside my core to see it was all normal except that there was a transparent orb inside my mana core.

"What the?" I thought and channeled aether inside me

Suddenly the transparent orb slowly filled up with purple. It was aether. Was that an aether core? I was confused but I eventually found out that it was just a separate container since aether and mana couldn't be mixed. A wide grin formed and I started to do some aether training to see my temporary limits.

Aya POV

Today was Arthur's birthday, so me and Alea decided to go shopping to look for what we can give to Arthur.

"What do you think he'll like?" Alea asked and I was also confused

"I don't know, he mostly train or spend time with us and Tess. We rarely talk about each other and usually spar now that I think about it it's kind of stupid for us to not find out in advance" I sighed and Alea was also in deep thoughts

"How about this. Let's get him a cake first for now" Alea said and I nodded

Arthur was a huge chocolate lover so we bought a big triple layered chocolate with vanilla whip cream.

"Ladies you can come back two hours from now and the cake will be done" The baker said and we both nodded

We went back to our original task which is looking a gift for Arthur. After nearly an hour of thinking I finally know.

"You know how Arthur doesn't like attention from people he doesn't know" I started and Alea nodded

"Why don't we buy him an artifact that let's him hide his core" I said and Alea's eye widen in realization of the idea and nodded

"Let's go I know an artifact place" Alea said and dragged me to a store

It had a few artifacts but what drew both me and Alea was a azure blue crescent moon necklace that reminded us of his eyes.