Elderwood Guardian

Arthur POV

Me, Jasmine and Sylvie were inside a dungeon with several other adventurers. I felt my spine tingle and suddenly I felt the urge to duck. I quickly ducked and a batrunner appeared trying to bite my head off.

"Batrunners" Brald yelled and we took formation

Samantha, Oliver, Lucas, and Elijah were on the back supporting us whilst Me, Jasmine, Brald, and Reginal stood behind our tank Kriol who had his shield on guard with a few water shields conjured up to protect our sides. 

I slashed one and another and another. I kept on killing not realizing how many I've killed up till now until I felt Jasmine's hand on my shoulder that made me stop.

"Enough coast is clear for now" She assured me

I lowered down my guard not bothering to look at the others. I sheeted back my sword and started to move forward, my senses heighten because of a lot of close calls I've experienced.

We proceeded until the cave room area changed as if we were inside a volcano.

"Wait" I said as I felt huge amount of mana from under us

I pointed down on the ground and I saw all of them nod.

"Formation" Brald said and we got ready to greet whatever was beneath us

I focused some of my aether to coat my right hand to hit whatever was about to emerge but nothing happened. I unsheeted Dawns Ballad and lit it with fire. Suddenly A giant worm appeared in front of us and I charged forwards fast  cutting it's side and making blood spill out from the wound.

"Jasmine Brald hit the wound" I yelled and they fired magic towards the wound whilst Samantha and Elijah restrained the creature

"Lucas make a heat barrier NOW" I urged and he scowled for a moment before I let a little bloodlust escape me and he finally casted heat barrier. 

The people inside were safe and I already had casted my own heat barrier after I landed on the ground. 

"Ragnar. Lend me your powers" I prayed and suddenly I felt a cool feeling engulphed me

I spread my palms on the floor and casted.

"Ice throne" 

The entire cave room was frozen including the geysers and an ice throne that trapped a worm like creature appeared in front of me, light blue ice shinning to it's full glory.

"W..w..what was that?" Brald asked

"A spell I keep ready whenever I'm in a pickle" I answered and he nodded

We continued to adventure deeper inside the dungeon until we stopped in front of a giant metal door. We destroyed the door and as soon as we entered I enveloped us inside a fire barrier asking Samantha to make a water barrier fast.

When the water barrier was up I let down my fire barrier and explained to them.

"The mist. It contains magic" I said and they paled but we couldn't go back because when we turned back the entrance was gone

"Stand guard" I said and spun around to find anything useful

The fog and mist were getting thicker by the second as I start to see Samantha getting tired.

"Jasmine conjure a wind barrier and replace Samantha whilst she replenishes her mana" I ordered and Jasmine nodded

"Hurry up and get us the hell out of here" Lucas yelled at me grabbing my collar

"This damned brat. Either you finish him or I'm going to have my way with him" Grey growled

"Don't. Control yourself. Unless you can't" I snarled and he went quiet