Chapter 29

I want to give LuchaLibra a huge shout out for the new intro to this story. Check out their YouTube channel, they also did the intro for a Koopa in Remnant!

It warms my heart to know that someone went out of their way to do this for not one, but two of my stories. Once again, thank you for this amazing intro LuchaLibra! Now, on with the chapter.

The Next Morning, Team RWBY were all aboard Beatrice's boat, the vessel itself not appropriate to be simply referred to as a boat. It was a boat, fast boat apparently; however, it was also lightweight despite its size. It was more like a super yacht, only there were lounge chairs, or comfy leathery seats with cup holders. The super yacht was more or less a science vessel that carried expensive equipment and supplies. But like a yacht, it did have a bar that was open at night and a hot tub that was decorated to look like a hot-spring that were only open at night.

Winter was on another boat at least 30 feet behind them with a total of 5-8 ships all together. Three of them were supply ships that carried food, water, equipment, and weapons. They probably won't need weapons on an uninhabitable volcanic island, but that was before they discovered life. The weapons themselves were only slightly harmful, and were the first in a line of weapons made by Froste Corps. The guns themselves are part of three series called Technical Machines, or TMs, the Technical Resoluters, or TRs, and and Helpful Machines, or HMs.

Such examples of TMs include TM-13s, TM-35s, TM-24s, TM-02s, TM-11s, and lastly a TM-15. They use special dust rounds developed by the Dust Science Division that provide more elemental power rather than any real physical damage from the bullets themselves. Think of it like getting hit by a rubber bullet, which doesn't really kill you but does hurt like Hell.

Except this particular bullet is either a stream of fire, bolts of condensed lightning, bubbles full of air pressure that result in a loud pop that can hurt your ears and knock you back a couple yards. Are you thinking about it? Great, now imagine that a TM-15 is not a gun at all and was actually the first attempt at the proverbial death ray that can disintegrate anything from many miles away.

Froste Corp's Weapons Division does not play around, especially with those who are foolish enough to try and get their hands on them. The White Fang tried numerous times, and they all failed not only horribly, but most paid with their own lives to even grab a TM-11, which looks like a normal revolver but shoots those bubbles mentioned earlier. They finally got the message to knock it off when a White Fang Black Ops squad was returned to them...afflicted with burns, bruises the size of softballs, frostbite, electrical burns, and numerous other injuries and inflictions. Some had died yet again, but others were horribly scarred mentally and physically.

The TR series were a work in progress, and only a few made it out of testing with passing scores. They're a more deadly version of the TMs, which is already hard to imagine. But if you've been hit by a TR-22, a grenade that explodes in a gush of toxins that burn the skin and leave you sputtering and hacking blood the longer you breathe it in, then it's not that hard. Weapons like TR-03s, TR-67s, TR-72s, Tr-76s, and Tr-87s also made it out of testing.

Lastly, there are the HMs. HMs are special vehicles or tools that handle certain niches in any given environment. HM-01s are special saws powered by hardlight dust used to cut through thick foliage. HM-02s are automated-gliders powered by wind dust and can be used to fly to different locations, but are not recommended for sea travel unless the area is close. HM-03s are armored boats that can fit one-two people, and look like a Bowrider power boat. HM-04s are 10-feet tall mech suits that can move heavy objects in the way. HM-05s are flashlights powered by solar energy and give out a bright flash to ward off or confuse animals, and are also used in deep cave explorations.