Chapter 14

6 Years ago

Ruby, now 9 years old, and Regirock stood beside each other, with the former taking a deep breath as she mentally prepared herself. Then, the Rock Peak Golem punched the ground and summoned a line of glowing stones at least 10 meters long. Ruby proceeded to do the same as she stomped the ground hard and another line of glowing stones were summoned. They traveled about 7 meters before they stopped completely.

"RE-E-E-GIROCK! ZAZAZAZAZA ZAZAZAZA!"

"You think so?" She asked.

Regirock nodded.

"I'm glad."

Regice and Registeel stood by as they watched. Ruby had come a long way in her training and was getting closer to learning their most powerful moves. Regirock was teaching Ruby Stone Edge, one of it's most powerful moves.

Regigigas wouldn't let her train with him personally until she learned all she could from the Regi Trio and beat them in a one-on-one match. Only then, will he train her and give her an award for beating his creations.

"So, what's-"

"DAAAAAACTYL!!"

A loud roar echoed through out the meadow. Up in the sky was a large pink creature flying away from a flock of Nevermores.

"What is that!?"

"OOMPH! OOMPH! OOMPH! ZAZAZAZAZA ZAZAZAZA ZAZAZAZAZA! ROOCK!"

He pushed Ruby aside and used Shock Wave on the closest Nevermore, bringing it down. The other Nevermores screeched in anger and fired their sharp, metal feathers at them and the pink dinosaur.

Two of the feathers left deep cuts on the dinosaur and with a loud roar, it began to fall.

"Oh no, it's going to crash!" Ruby exclaimed.

Regice dashed forward and used Ice Beam to make a giant ramp for it to slide on. It landed on the top and began to slide down towards them.

The flock came down at them, their red eyes glowing threateningly.

"Get this dinosaur somewhere safe!" She said. "I'm not strong enough to take it, so I'll by time for you all!"

The Regis wanted to objected, but knew it was true. As strong as she was, this dinosaur was to heavy for her to carry. She was also much faster and can defend herself easily, so they picked up the dinosaur and carried it somewhere else.

Ruby faced the flock of Grimm with a serious expression.

"Let's do this!"

Ruby generated her aura to her legs and jumped up to the trees. Landing on a sturdy branch, she fires a Shock Wave at one of them. The attack hit the Grimm, but didn't bring it down. One of the Nevermore's flew towards Ruby, but she jumped off the beach to avoid being dinner.

Landing on one of the Nevermores, she brought up her fist and used Close Combat on it's back. The rapid strikes made the Grimm screech in pain as it began to crash into a tree. Ruby jumped off just in time before it crashed and died.

Another Nevermore came from behind and smacked Ruby with its massive wings. She collided against a tree and landed hard on her back.

With a pained groan, she looked up and saw one of the smaller ones shooting one of it's sharp feathers at her. She rolled away to avoid it, but didn't react quickly enough.

One of the feathers cut across Ruby's face where her eyes were and she screamed as she held her face. She layed there, her tears mixing with her blood as she sobbed, rocked, and screamed.